Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Water in motor?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
1bad914
I came home from a long weekend and tried to start the car, no go, I checked for fuel and spark, seemed okay. It continues to turn over and not catch. I finally pulled one plug and found a lot of water around the plug, I dried it, then blews air in the head via the spark plug hole, lot;s of water droplets come out, the same with all the plugs, I dry everything out and then blow ir into the throat of a carb, lots-o-water. I try to start it and it just turns. I don't see any water on the dipstick, so I think it just affected the intake area, remember we just went thru a huge strm that dumped tons of rain. What is the best way to clear everything out. Should I pull the carbs and make sure they are clear.? I have pulled the plugs and turned it over many times, should I just let it sit in the sun open and dry out. Itg won't even attempt to start????? What to do?
angerosa
I'd let it bake in the sun. How did all that water get in there? It's almost like you would have to pour cups of water right into the carbs to get that much. Is anyone mad at you? Spray some carb cleaner in a couple cylinders and put the plugs in and see if it fires a little bit. Even if it's not breathing right or having carb mixture issues, it will turn over a few times before stalling (as long as you have spark like you said). If it turns over a few times, it's not the water that's keeping it from starting?
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

I'll put in my 2 cents, Battle Creek isn't that far from me . We had rain to end all rain, horizontal,vertical, with Lg. hail, with Sm. hail, by the bucket,on like a hose.
If you 914 was outside you are luckey it didn't float away!!!
Pull the plugs,turn it over a lot, if you have carbs blow them out. Get a can of this starting fluid. Install new plugs,Spray down the throat of the carbs, keepthis up untill in starts and runs by itself, let it run till it gets warmed up, change oil ,
you should be ready to go. I feel your pain. Dave slap.gif
Twystd1
Barber Dave nailed it....

Pull your dizzy cap and see if there is any water in there... You can dry it out with air or a blow dryer. (your chick will love you for it)

Replace cap and do as the Barber says.

CCC
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.