I was about 1500 feet down a drive way when I see that it splits off to 3 homes.No house numbers anywhere to be seen,what to do? Why pull into the first driveway and ask the man standing there what house is .......... oh it's the one over there.
Now for the good part ....the one door is open on his 8 car garage and I see the nose of a 914 peeking out from the back of the garage-do you mind if I take a look? It is a 1973 914 orange in color,shot paint with surface rust spots,paint peel,solid longs,and it has all new rotors, pads,and a 2050 dual webber rebuilt engine that he has yet to drive since he towed it home from the shop.In the other corner is a silver 1976 914 2.0 that he bought new and it still looks pristine.He also has a few other domestic pieces.
He tells me that he has lost interest in the cars and is thinking of selling off all but the 1976 914,1948 ford hot rod and some other car.
I asked how much for the 73 ? Well give me a call - I know I am going to lose a bunch ,I just have to decide how much.
What do you all think would be a good price if all the car needs is paint,tires & some interior work? Sorry I have no pics and limited information,I was caught completly off guard.