Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Plans for FFC07
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
GaroldShaffer
Hey all. Welcome to the FFC07 planning thread.

We would like your input on the FFC07

Doug and I talked about this when he was up here for our little Red Arrow Run. I don't feel that doug should be stuck with doing everything. I am willing to help anyway I/we (Julie & I) can.

A few things we need to discuss, I think are:

When: Early / Mid October?
Where: What host hotel to use? Lunch in the Park? Dinner plans?
Drive Route
Show & Shine with or without awards? Where do we get awards from?
Costs: Are we planning shirts again? If so do we use the same shirt design & place from last year?
Entry costs: Cover rental fees, lunch, and?????????
Sponsors: Door prizes

That's all I can think of for now. We can make this as formal or informal was we want. My vote is this.......

Meet Friday night or Sat AM. Have a nice drive on the back roads and have Lunch in the park (sandwhich & chips). Maybe do the inside the park poker run again afterwards a little show and shine and draw names for door prizes. Those that want to stay can meet up for dinner Saturday night other could leave if they want. While I enjoy awards and shirts, it wouldn't be the end of the end of the world if we didn't have them.

That's my 2 cents biggrin.gif

Time is short, so if we can throw something together that would be great. So lets hear your thoughts and ideas.
mudfoot76
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Aug 28 2007, 10:22 AM) *

When:
Where:
Drive Route
Show & Shine with or without awards? Where do we get awards from?
Costs: Are we planning shirts again? If so do we use the same shirt design & place from last year?
Entry costs: Cover rental fees, lunch, and?????????
Sponsors: Door prizes

Early to Middle October works for me. I just need to keep the last two weekends free because I'll be helping myself to track time then.

I've only been to one FFC, in 2004, and I stayed at the Columbus Inn. It was very nice and I wouldn't mind staying there again (especially if it is only for one night, it is a little pricey).

For the drive route, we might consider making a run down towards Cincy. My local PCA chapter did a route that took them through some reportedly phenomenal curvy roads (passengers were getting motion sickness). I'll inquire to obtain a map of this drive. I think it runs through Jasper, which has a lot of German heritage.

Show & Shine -- well, I'm not a CW so this doesn't appeal to me at all. Plus I don't know if my teener will even be running again by October...

Costs - I wouldn't mind having a shirt. If we rent a picnic shelter and have food, this should be part of the registration too. Or if we have a big group to eat lunch at one of the Jasper essenhauses, make this part of the fee. If there is a preferred shirt printer in the area, why not use them again?

CIR-PCA is doing their Fall Winery Tour on Oct 20. We might be able to piggyback with them if the group was interested. The drive down Hwy 135 from Indy to the Ohio River is really nice. They usually stop for brunch in Nashville, IN which is right next to Columbus. When my car was running, I'm the only 914 to ever show up, so if 10+ teeners are there for once, that would be a sight biggrin.gif

Other thoughts?
Doug Leggins
Hey guys,

The weekends of 13,14 & 20,21 are not an option for me because I may have to work one or both of them -YUK! The first weekend 6,7 or the last weekend 27,28 are open for me.

I am all for keeping things as simple as possible.

Geoff - I would like to see any drive route info that you have.

Hotel - flexible. I can get Susan to check to see what is available.

I always like the show & shine, but it is not a necessity. Engman has made all of the past awards. I think that the awards are very much appreciated by the car owners.

Shirts - I like shirts, but not necessary. Kelly Manley has offered to get shirts made through a contact of his. He took care of getting the BGC shirts made earlier this year.

Door prizes are great, but require effort and time. Anyone willing to pursue?

If this is going to be a go, we need a date set and then announce it to the world/club.
GaroldShaffer
The weekend of Oct 6,7 isn't the best for us, our last solo of the year is the 6th. But with that being said, if it works for everyone else so be it we will just miss that solo, there will be others. Can you feel the love? grouphug.gif wub.gif biggrin.gif

I like the show & shine gives people a chance to show off. I have PM'd Mark and he won't be able to make it this year, work issues. I am not sure if he would even have time to make awards. If that is the case, then what could we give out? Do we need awards? I would rather have a shirt if we coudl do it.

I can work the door prize stuff again this year, not a problem. Doug would we want items sent to your house or I could have them sent here and bring them with us. What do vendors get in return for their donations? Is it to late to get logos on backs of shirts?

If Kelly can do shirts that would be great.

Lastly for me, will there be a cost for people to come? Only costs would be shirts if we have no food expenses. Right?
mudfoot76
QUOTE(Doug Leggins @ Sep 2 2007, 10:16 AM) *

Geoff - I would like to see any drive route info that you have.

I'll try to get that to you by the end of the week.
GaroldShaffer
Well guys,

Life has thrown me (us, Julie & I) curve ball. We now have three, yes three weddings in October. So we will not be able to attend, but I am still more than willing to do anything I can to help with this if it is going to happen? Please keep me posted.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.