Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel Pump Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JC 914
Can I use an inline fuel pump on my '74 2.0 FI, and if so, what would be the line configuration, considering it only has two ports??
toon1
Yes any inline F.I. F.P. will work. the routing is,

From the tank to pump inlet, pump out to injectors, through inj's/cold start valve, to F.P. reg. to return line back into fuel tank.

same as stock, I think 74's had two port pumps.
Cap'n Krusty
If the pressure and flow are within specs, such as they are in the L-jet pump, you can use an "inline" pump. I assume you mean "inline" to be a pump other than the original pump, which could also be considered to be "inline". You simply remove the "Y" fitting in the return line and substitute a straight through splice.

Remember, the adherence to the specs is REALLY important.

The Cap'n
toon1
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Aug 28 2007, 12:41 PM) *

If the pressure and flow are within specs, such as they are in the L-jet pump, you can use an "inline" pump. I assume you mean "inline" to be a pump other than the original pump, which could also be considered to be "inline". You simply remove the "Y" fitting in the return line and substitute a straight through splice.

Remember, the adherence to the specs is REALLY important.

The Cap'n

agree.gif If the flows are at or above stock. Pressure is regulated by the regulator. A stock pump will put out more that 29PSI if it's asked too. I've seen it put out 50PSI

I have an MSD pump that will put out enough flow and pressure for a 700HP motor works just fine.
Cap'n Krusty
You put a CIS-E pump in there, putting out substantially over a hundred PSI, you "might" be planning a fire ..................... The Cap'n
toon1
what a CIS-E pump?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.