Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rimco - Anybody Had Issues with Them?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
vesnyder
Anybody used RIMCO for any machine work on their 914 components? I hope you have better success than I am having? Hoping to come back and delete this post but I had to vent! Stay tuned...
hedfurst
they've done work for me, several different occaisions. No problems, has been over a year ago though.
Fred
Cap'n Krusty
Production shop. You never know who worked on your parts, and whether he even gave a sh*t. Or speaks English, for that matter. I have used a couple of small specialty machine shops for over 20 years (40 years, in one case), and I NEVER have that problem. Both are first rate, have a TON of aircooled experience, and you get what you pay for. One is pretty timely, one has a long wait. One is a general high end engine machine shop, one Porsche only.

The Cap'n
toon1
There was a member here that used RIMCO to do some head work. There was a huge crack in the head from the spark plug hole to the ex valve.

RIMCO never caught it, the work was done, heads where returned and Jake noticed it in a pic. .

The chamber was covered in DYCHEM and Jake still noticed it. I was so obvious Hellen keller could have found it.

Be careful
Jake Raby
Its according to what they are doing and who does it..

Call and talk to Todd, I have known him for years and HE WILL treat you right.
vesnyder
Spoke to Todd and he is taking care of me. Obvious oversight on their part. Does not instill a lot of confidence in their QA process.
Jake Raby
Like the Cap'n said, they are a mass production shop.. When I was local to them and dropped by they would have two truck loads of cases and etc come in and they'd be done the same day..... They are OK for some things but not for others.

The price is the difference, I charge double what they do for the same work in most cases.

Todd WILL take care of you- ALWAYS talk to him and no one else.
Brando
QUOTE(toon1 @ Aug 28 2007, 12:22 PM) *
There was a member here that used RIMCO to do some head work. There was a huge crack in the head from the spark plug hole to the ex valve.

RIMCO never caught it, the work was done, heads where returned and Jake noticed it in a pic. .

The chamber was covered in DYCHEM and Jake still noticed it. I was so obvious Hellen keller could have found it.

Be careful

Jah, those were my heads... They did the work at almost no cost (since it was something that was supposed to be done with all the valve work).

If you have the dime and the time, send your components to FAT performance. They're in Santa Ana. They ship a lot of their work to Rimco that you don't specifically ask them to do. If you've got a six, send it off to Ollie's in Santa Ana. They are seriously worth the money and their work is warranty-able.
Allan
I used them for my heads and cases in 2005 and had no problems..
Brian Mifsud
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Aug 28 2007, 12:54 PM) *

You never know who worked on your parts, and whether he even gave a sh*t. Or speaks English, for that matter.

I'll bet all those assembly workers at VW back in the '70's didn't speak any English either!!! av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif

lagunero
Beware. I've had them do two cases and both cases I ended up taking elsewhere to finish. If you're local maybe but if not I don't recommend them.
black73
QUOTE(Brian Mifsud @ Aug 29 2007, 11:39 AM) *

QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Aug 28 2007, 12:54 PM) *

You never know who worked on your parts, and whether he even gave a sh*t. Or speaks English, for that matter.

I'll bet all those assembly workers at VW back in the '70's didn't speak any English either!!! av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif

You mean the ones in South America?

I think most Germans can speak English. confused24.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.