Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pat - Look Here First
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
Eric_Shea
Confirmed: Tom has not bolted anything on to his car or drilled holes yet this week.

He did however give me a drawing for a fog light bracket with a 7/8" hole in the middle of it... there will be copious amounts of ribbing for that poke.gif

Now... get your @$$ off the computer before your wife sees you and breaks the rest of your fingers!

w00t.gif
Pat Garvey
Janice (my wife) came to an agreement after only 4 days of my not coming here & instead spending "quality" time with her in the evening. She's a read-aholic (almost 2,000 books). So, now I had all this time to discuss the daily happenings with her - taking away from her reading time.

We came to an agreement that we each have our obsessions, and should be left to them. After 39 years of marriage, and knowing that I will lose (or pay dearly for) any disagreement, I bowed to the pressure & wisdom of the feminine force. I am now free to discuss all vagaries of 914 stuff. No longer chained by the ankles to non-914 stuff. I even did the laundry last week! Am I slick, or what?

So, I'm back earlier than expected. Feel refreshed, but have a lot of pent up barbing to do.

Who's first? Not you, Eric - I need your talents as soon as this damned hand can turn a wrench. Damned Naberhaus got to you first with his brakes - but he'll pay dearly! Just kidding about that - Paul's my best bud for over 30 years.

So, watch out everyone! Mister Opinionated is back......& looking for trouble!

Just kidding all - you know how warm & fuzzy I am!
Pat
Eric_Shea
So you're basically saying she's sick of you already... biggrin.gif

(don't worry about Paul, I did a really shitty job on his calipers) lol3.gif

Now, to discuss that huge hole in my bracket. Tom... dry.gif
TJB/914
Eric,

Wait a minute, don't drill that 7/8" hole in the rear panel. The yellow diachromate bracket with (2) smaller holes is ok to drill. These (2) holes attach the outside & inside bracket to the sheet metal. In the center of the 7/8" circle I just drilled a small hole in the rear panel to thread the wires through. If you need more info. call me on my cell (734) 834-5606

Tom
BTW: I already drilled & mounted my rear fog lamp. I just have to wait till Jeff hopefully makes a wire harness for us accessory nut cases.
TJB/914
QUOTE(Thomas J Bliznik @ Aug 29 2007, 07:58 PM) *

Eric,

Wait a minute, don't drill that 7/8" hole in the rear panel. The yellow diachromate bracket with (2) smaller holes is ok to drill. These (2) holes attach the outside & inside bracket to the sheet metal. In the center of the 7/8" circle I just drilled a small hole in the rear panel to thread the wires through. If you need more info. call me on my cell (734) 834-5606

Tom
BTW: I already drilled & mounted my rear fog lamp. I just have to wait till Jeff hopefully makes a wire harness for us accessory nut cases.

Opps, wrong picture on the red 911

T
Eric_Shea
I'm not drilling a 7/8" hole in my panel. I handed your fancy-dancy drawing to the metal shop to have them fab the outside bracket. The drawing that has the hole in the middle of the outside bracket (the hole the threaded light post mounts through) clearly listed as 7/8" biggrin.gif

I went to pick up my bracket today and... Oooooooooops lol3.gif

Michiganders... measure once, cut twice. poke.gif
davep
Eric, how many bracket sets are you making. I've been thinking about doing it to my car now. The fog lamp is cheap enough I've found, so why not.
TJB/914
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 29 2007, 08:29 PM) *

I'm not drilling a 7/8" hole in my panel. I handed your fancy-dancy drawing to the metal shop to have them fab the outside bracket. The drawing that has the hole in the middle of the outside bracket (the hole the threaded light post mounts through) clearly listed as 7/8" biggrin.gif

I went to pick up my bracket today and... Oooooooooops lol3.gif

Michiganders... measure once, cut twice. poke.gif

Eric,

Do you want to borrow my outside bracket for measurements so your fabricator can duplicate?? I can send it to you next week if it helps. I will want it back when your finished.

Tom
BTW: I have a extra inside brackets if anyone is interested for about $10.00 each including shipping. I think I have two extra's???
Eric_Shea
Dave, I can call and have them make another. They're $30.00

Tom, let's see how this next one turns out. And, no worries... remember, no good deed goes unpunished! biggrin.gif

I really do appreciate you sending the goods out to me. wink.gif
Eric_Shea
Called and ordered two.

New center hole will be the same size as the one on the inside bracket.
Eric_Shea
The fog lamp is cheap enough I've found, so why not.

Source? Part number etc.?
Johny Blackstain
Eric- don't you consider a rear fog light, on a GT, ah... excess weight?

happy11.gif
davep
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 30 2007, 10:09 AM) *

This so easy!

http://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin/PartsL...mp;Line_Item=27

Tom I'll take an inside bracket, Eric I'll take an outside bracket.
Pat Garvey
Oh, the humanity!!!

A hole is still a hole, no matter the size. It's permanent!

At least the rear fog actually looks attractive on a 911. Looks like it belongs there.
davep
Well, we could use Velcro, magnets, or that old standby, duct tape. But then it would not be concours.

I like 911's, they can donate so many of their parts to improve our 914's.
TJB/914
QUOTE(davep @ Aug 30 2007, 02:57 PM) *

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 30 2007, 10:09 AM) *

This so easy!

http://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin/PartsL...mp;Line_Item=27

Tom I'll take an inside bracket, Eric I'll take an outside bracket.

Eric & Dave,

Just got back in town.
(Eric) Let me know if you need my outer bracket to duplicate.
(Dave) Send me a PM with your address for the bracket.

Tom
Eric_Shea
Got a call that the second set of brackets are done. We'll see what they came up with.

E.
Eric_Shea
Eric- don't you consider a rear fog light, on a GT, ah... excess weight?

Not with my massive amounts of HP! I need all I can get to hold it to the road. w00t.gif
davep
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 10 2007, 03:08 PM) *

Got a call that the second set of brackets are done. We'll see what they came up with.

What did they come up with??

Tom, got the bracket and went to the bank today. I'll post the payment shortly.
Eric_Shea
Haven't been able to take the time to go there yet. I'll try to have the wife PU and then it's off to the platers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.