Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: different oil pump pick-ups -PICTURES-
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
orange914
heres the scoop... my son and i are building a 2056 to replace a 1.7. we bought a disasembled low mile 2056 bottom end to build. we also tore down a spare 1,7 for hardware and anything else needed. i'm not sure which came from which, probably doesnt matter. what should i know about these?
p.s. they are same size, the picture distorted them
Click to view attachment
orange914
Click to view attachment
Rockaria
QUOTE(orange914 @ Aug 30 2007, 11:13 AM) *

The one with the hole looks like the one from my 1.8. The hole is for a small bolt that attaches to the block I believe.

Jake Raby
The shorter pick up tube without the hole is from a HYDRAULIC VW Bus case which has a different oil pressure relief system. THE SHORTER TUBE CAN ONLY BE USED WITH GE AND CV CODED ENGINE CASES!!!!

Use the unit with the hole as it had to come from a 411/412/914 engine, not the late Bus...
orange914
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Aug 30 2007, 11:43 AM) *

The shorter pick up tube without the hole is from a HYDRAULIC VW Bus case which has a different oil pressure relief system. THE SHORTER TUBE CAN ONLY BE USED WITH GE AND CV CODED ENGINE CASES!!!!

Use the unit with the hole as it had to come from a 411/412/914 engine, not the late Bus...

thats pretty wild becouse i could swear it came from a 1.7 ea (was suposed to be rebuilt??). i'm really curious now, gotta go look huh.gif

thanks for info.

mike
Jake Raby
It could have... But it wasn't suppose to be there..
Al Meredith
The one without the hole is for an engine without a windage tray. That could be a very early 1.7. I think that same early engine would have the small end pushrod tubes. I have noticed that those early cases don,t have the slots cast in them for the windage tray to slide into. There is also one other minor difference ...under the oil filler tin piece there is a 1/2" verticle support missing on the case.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.