Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I need help with '76 2.0L ducting tin
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
purple
Hey Guys,

I was under the car and found something troubling...the left side ducting is missing. The right side has all kinds of ducting around the cylinders and a plate on the bottom where i can see the fins, I believe these are known as air guides and a baffle plate.

The left side cylinders have no metal in front of the cylinders, none behind, and no baffle plate below.

I also have no 'warm air guides' for either side.

Someone please post the part numbers for this stuff so I can order it and put it on. I dont have to take the engine out to put this stuff on, right? Please say yes smile.gif

Thanks a Billion! beerchug.gif
Cap'n Krusty
You DO have to partially disassemble the engine to install the F/R tin pieces, and it's unlikely to be something you'd choose to do in the car. The under cylinder air guide requires removing the valve train and pushrod tubes. That can be done in the car. The Cap'n
dr914@autoatlanta.com
of course other than the cylinder air guide plate above the pushrod tubes, the 75 76 stuff is different as the heat exchangers are different. The j pipe into the bay and the air guide plate between the heat exchanger and the block are different along with the one piece heat exchanger and added exhaust manifold pipe.
purple
Thanks guys sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

I guess that stuff is going to have to stay off. It's a sad thing to realize, but I guess I'm going to have to blow my engine up before that stuff gets put on. Damn, thats sad. I only say that because I need a reason to drop the engine out.

How is the engine affected by not having this stuff?
Al Meredith
It is amazing that people rebuild an engine and not replaced all the parts. I see this often. I'll bet you don't have the wire pushrod tube retainers either. If I were you I would replace the defuser on the bottem of the cylinders.
purple
Al....
defuser?

I dont have a scrap of tin on the left side of the engine... I may as well go put an ALPO can on it because its good...FOR ME TO POOP ON! stromberg.gif

The engine looks like it was rebuilt by VW Canada...any idea on what's going on up there?

I think they were smokin some BC bud when the made my engine owned.gif
rhodyguy
if you can swing it, now is the time to backdate the heat exh and related ducting pieces. i took a sawsall and grinder to the stock system for the 75'. waaaay to convoluted. stub pipes, secondary piping, reverse bends to piping. a nightmare. i can't imagine reinstalling and getting every connection to seal.

k
eric914
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Lets see what it looks like. If there is NO ducting on one side of the motor I can't see it lasting for long.
purple
i'll do what i can eric, whipping a big camera around underneath a lowered 914 is a pain in the ass
purple
you guys will piss when you see what's going on under my car....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.