Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: wondering about my old flame(914)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mcguirre
Hi everybody!
Its my first time on 914 World.com. As the title says, i was just wondering whatever happened to my 914 since my sister sold it for me in San Francisco,CA on March,1993. Some background, i was stationed in Mcguirre AFB, NJ from 1987-1991. I bought my 1976 914-4 2L in NJ bout 1988 i guess. I was the second owner, first owner was a retired airforce officer. It was "99.9%" original, had the original paint, white body with black targa top and black rocker panel. I later on fitted a vdo voltmeter or ampere gauge and black cotton seatcovers, wider tires, a new 911 clutch and an electric wiper. I really drove the hell out of that car but really loved it, and still do... But when i got out of the military i drove it to my sister in CA, then left to go back home to the philippines in 1992 without the 914, and my sister had to sell it for a measly $2000 to a guy named James E. Price Jr., i think his nickname was Jim. Anyway if anybody out there has any info on my old 914, i`d appreciate your informing me. Chassis No. 4762903355 / Engine No. GC006350.
Thanks a lot,
Patrick Torres
nomore9one4
I have your car! If you ever want to see it alive again sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif welder.gif I will need you to be at a phone booth on the corner of 5th and wood at 12:00AM and bring Ummm, your sister! w00t.gif J/K I do not think you will have any problem finding your old car if it is still road worthy.It is most likely on jackstands in someones garage. Thank you for your service! flag.gif
EdwardBlume
Is this it?

Cursed 914
Dr Evil
Odd, the "cursed car" says its a 76, but the VIN says 74
hwgunner
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Aug 31 2007, 06:40 PM) *

Odd, the "cursed car" says its a 76, but the VIN says 74

Dr. get one of your buds to check your eyes!!!!!!!!
Dr Evil
Ok, in that pic its clear, but I am referring to this pic tongue.gif

BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

Kind of O.T.

I have the History of my 914 back to 1996,when it went thur a complete ground up resto. in San Antiono Tx. Is there a way to trace it back farther, I have a certificate of Authenticity. Not much help there. I got hold of the shop that did the resto,before they closed, got a set of pictures of the resto before and after. Also copy of orginal bill listing all they did and parts. I would like to find the history from 1973 to 1996. Anyone know a way? Useing vin or online or ???? Any help or sugestions fire away. Dave slap.gif
mcguirre
Interesting replies! Rob ways thanks for the ad. It wasnt my old 914 of course,wrong vin and chassis no. Oh, mine did have mahle`s on it, which i only paid $30 for the set of four from a good airforcebuddy of mine(he use to have it on his vw bug but figured it be better looking on my 914, YES!). So yeah if anybody`s got any more ideas on locating my 914, go for it. Oh, i have a...here we go.. 924. Of course i`ve heard/read most of the 914vs.924 arguments. But the 924 was affordable at the time that i bought it,1995, and i think its a great and family friendly car,but the biggest reason i`m never letting go of it is that it was our getaway car right after we got(me and lucille, not the 924)married! Otherwise, i`d have to say that i would still MUCH prefer my(a) 914 anyday, for myself anyway, ahh..the good ole days! Sorry for goin a bit off topic, but just for your information, Porsche 914`s are the absolutely RAREST Porsche`s here in the Phil. Man i miss my old flame!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.