Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MUSR 2007
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dakotaewing
Folks -

It is a bit late in the year to start planning an entire event from the ground up, put it together and actually expect people to attend it in a 4 to six week period - Clay and Tony had been talking about having this event in Fredricksberg, but October is impossible due to Oktoberfest is celebrated there the entire month of October... Hotels are already fully booked ...

So after much consideration, this is what I am proposing...

Due to time frame, we piggyback an existing event, and no one has to kill themselves this way -

Porsche-Palooza is a national PCA event taking place in Eureka Springs, AR, November 9-11th. This event is put together and ran very similar to the MUSR's... Meet and greet registration Friday, cocktails Friday evening, show and shine and at least 2 different cruises Saturday, and a formal dinner Saturday evening, There is also a Auto-X Sunday AM - This appears to primarly be a 911-996-boxter crowd, but since it is PCA we won't be crashing their party -

Distance from Dallas to Eurecka Springs is 375 miles, so please make sure your car is in good working order - If you don't have a 914 but want to come, please do ! I have already had a question whether or not someone could drive their Morgan 4 !

You pay for what you want at this event..
No registration Fee -
If you pay in advance prior to Oct. 25th -
T-shirts , $12 if you want one
dinner, $32 if you want
Auto-x, $20 if you want
Motel - ~$75 per night at the event hotel, or ~$45 a night down the street at the cool funky motel, where most of the 914 folks will be -

Joseph Mills and a few of his friends and their 911's will down the street at the funky hotel.. I plan on joining them there -

This is a big event - Last year 117 cars and over 200 participants -
I will be posting this information on all the 914 sites in the next day or so -

Please let me know if you are interested so I can gauge interest, and maybe get a few more rooms put on hold for us -
Below is a link of the event website, and the funky motel -

Preliminary thoughts for travel for the Texas gang include meeting at Wes Hildreths shop Thursday (the 8th) afternoon in Plano, Tx, and driving to Talihina, OK - breakfast Friday AM in Talihina, and drive on the Eureka Springs via the Talimena Parkway - (one of the best roads in the country) -

Please let me know your interest, positive or negative -

http://www.pca-palooza.com/ The event
http://www.thejoymotel.com The funky motel

Best -
Thom Ewing
tommy914
Sounds like a great idea to me!
Here's a couple shots from MUSR's past.
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

I think these may even be Thom's photos.
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

I am going to the ECC on the 15th, then will have back surgery. If all is well and Doc. say's it's O.K. to drive that far. 12 hrs. and 757 miles. I really want to go to MUSR because it will be the Last 914 event i will ever be able to attend. As next spring I will find it nessary to sell my 914,I may have to close bussness and procides from that sale will help pay debt load down to a level we can pay on S.S. and my pension.
Please keep this post updated. Dave slap.gif
dakotaewing
QUOTE(tommy914 @ Sep 1 2007, 02:04 PM) *

I think these may even be Thom's photos.

Yep !

Thanks Tommy!
jr91472
I am out that weekend, but sounds like a great plan.

Have fun without me this year!

beer.gif
dakotaewing
I am going to post a list of folks who have let me know they are interested in going... It is not a formal list of who will be attending, but seriosly interested parties... If you don't want your name on this list, just PM me and I will remove it -

Barber Dave
Thom Ewing (dakotaewing) - Dallas
Jim Blakewell - OK
Tommy Williamson - Mississippi
Joseph Mills - OK
Tony Chavez - Austin
George Schoeler (GS914) - Collinsville, OK
Charles Hill - AR
Kieth ? - Fayettevlle, AR
Richard Fischer - McKinney Tx
Bruce Napier (Gwn7) - Winnipeg, MB
Avery - (grngoat) - Fort Worth, Tx
Dennis and Linda Carter - (dennisc) - Marshall, MO
GWN7
I'm a mabey......
dakotaewing
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Sep 4 2007, 10:19 PM) *

I'm a mabey......

Cool!!!!
Grngoat
I'll go if I can get the damn thing running! That's my car in the bottom right corner of both pictures. My brother owned it then.
dakotaewing
QUOTE(Grngoat @ Sep 5 2007, 12:13 AM) *

I'll go if I can get the damn thing running! That's my car in the bottom right corner of both pictures. My brother owned it then.

Avery, Are you Matt's brother?
Grngoat
Yeah, that's me.
dakotaewing
QUOTE(Grngoat @ Sep 5 2007, 12:21 AM) *

Yeah, that's me.

That's great ! Have you talked to Rich Johnson, or Clay or Ed Mayo about your car? They may be able to help if you can't get the problem solved on the board, or maybe Wes Hildreth -
Grngoat
Rich has helped me lots finding parts. He's great for that. Wes built my tranny, it's pretty wild. I've done everything else myself. Clay has seen the car, but I wasn't trying to start it then. I'm close on it. I want to exhaust my resources before I cart it off somewhere. Does Ed Mayo know anything about late model fuel injection? I thought he was more of an expert on the earlier stuff, particulary mechanical fuel injection and the like.
Grelber
Avery: Your car was looking pretty close to starting this weekend when I was out at "the shop". I take it you got the fuse problem sorted out?

If not, I'll swap you straight across for my blue one on the lift.................... biggrin.gif
Grngoat
It wasn't as close at it looked, but it's almost there. Your car is coming along nicely if you haven't seen it lately. The floorpan is tacked and clamped in place. That's progress.

I'll pass on the trade. I like yellow.
Grelber
I saw the car on Monday. Looks like Richard is on the final leg. Then once he's through, I've got a bunch of things to do to it myself (front swaybar, Crane optical ignition, dual oil sender, etc).

We're getting close................. piratenanner.gif
dennisc
Thom
Linda and I are in.
Joseph Mills
Looks like we'll have some teeners! I was hoping this would happen!

I've never attended this event, but it looks pretty cool. And I like the way you can pick and choose what you want to pay for.

It will be great seeing everyone. Why isn't Clay & Betty's name on this list?

Curt? and your T-Town posse?

When it gets closer, we'll have to get a caravan organized.

QUOTE(dakotaewing @ Sep 4 2007, 07:40 PM) *

I am going to post a list of folks who have let me know they are interested in going...

Barber Dave
Thom Ewing (dakotaewing) - Dallas
Jim Blakewell - OK
Tommy Williamson - Mississippi
Joseph Mills - OK
Tony Chavez - Austin
George Schoeler (GS914) - Collinsville, OK
Charles Hill - AR
Kieth ? - Fayettevlle, AR
Richard Fischer - McKinney Tx
Bruce Napier (Gwn7) - Winnipeg, MB
Avery - (grngoat) - Fort Worth, Tx
Dennis and Linda Carter - (dennisc) - Marshall, MO

BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

Back surgery went well, I really am trying to get things worked out so i can be

there. Dave slap.gif
dakotaewing
Just a bump since this is about 5 weeks away - If you are considering this event, please LMK, or post here -
Admins, can we get this nailed since we are close to being 30 days on this event???

Thanks -
Thom
dakotaewing
OK -
This event is less than 3 weeks away...
Who else is in ???? driving.gif
tommy914
QUOTE(dakotaewing @ Oct 3 2007, 09:14 AM) *

Just a bump since this is about 5 weeks away - If you are considering this event, please LMK, or post here -
Admins, can we get this nailed since we are close to being 30 days on this event???

Thanks -
Thom

You know they only nail "left" coast events.

(I stand corrected) biggrin.gif
cooltimes
QUOTE(dakotaewing @ Oct 3 2007, 09:14 AM) *

Thanks -
Thom

Just another bump. I sure envy all of you.

tommy914
142 cars, and I only see 4 914s in the list. I'm not taking mine either. The wife isn't interested in Porsche events that involve 8 hour rides in the 914 just to get there. So the 914 gets left at home again and the Boxster gets to go out and play. I'm sure there will be payback on my next 914 outing.

Click to view attachment

see ya there.

Tommy
cooltimes
How did this event go?
I looked back into the Garage forum and saw nothing so I'll ask here.
Everyone 914 related that went: Did you have a great time being a small band in this gathering?
What did you do as a group?
Would you do it again?
Should I have been posted new thread in general garage forum rather than here?

Cooley
dakotaewing
By all accounts it was a great event -
I was not able to go due having 2 new foster kids show up at my house about 3 weeks ago -
If you are interested at looking at some pics, go to the PP page for this event -
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread.php?t=376946

It really looks like they could use some more 914 folks though!!
cooltimes
QUOTE(dakotaewing @ Nov 13 2007, 09:50 PM) *

By all accounts it was a great event -
I was not able to go due having 2 new foster kids show up at my house about 3 weeks ago -
If you are interested at looking at some pics, go to the PP page for this event -
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread.php?t=376946

It really looks like they could use some more 914 folks though!!

Thank you for the link. Great photos. NW Arkansas looked fantastic too.

Cooley
dennisc
I thought this event was very well organized, considering the large number of cars. I heard no negative comments about the 914's. The Friday evening mixer was fun with a good band and the Saturday evening meal was excellent. I applaud the hard work of everyone, the sponsers, doners, and Ozark and Cimmarron PCA regions. The weather was beautiful, the roads were great. and we will probably go again.
tommy914
Great event. Definitely planning on going again next year. There was even discussion tonight of taking the 914, but only if she could drive the Boxster there too.
I posted my complete set of pictures here: Porsche Palooza 2007 pics

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.