Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: cables
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ztbell
gint.gif '75 2.0, speedo, clutch cable is melting, any ideas for insulation?
thanks for your advice...
Click to view attachment:
SirAndy
QUOTE(ztbell @ Sep 1 2007, 01:14 PM) *

are they routed correctly?
idea.gif Andy

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Cap'n Krusty
Wrap 'em in some kind of heat resistant sleeve. Been a problem since the cars were new. The Cap'n
PRS914-6
All my cables, fuel lines and oil lines are are installed with heat protection made by Goodridge.
Click to view attachment
SirAndy
i had my headers ceramic coated inside/out ...

no heatshielding on the cables or oillines. so far, so good ...
bye1.gif Andy

pfierb
QUOTE(PRS914-6 @ Sep 1 2007, 06:01 PM) *

All my cables, fuel lines and oil lines are are installed with heat protection made by Goodridge.
Click to view attachment

Where did you get the stuff and what is it called?
Thanks Paul
ConeDodger
QUOTE(ztbell @ Sep 1 2007, 02:14 PM) *

In addition to the advice of others on insulation products, consider your timing. If your timing is off you can burn fuel in the exhaust greatly increasing the temperature in the area under the engine.
Allan
QUOTE(pfierb @ Sep 1 2007, 04:22 PM) *

Where did you get the stuff and what is it called?

agree.gif
iamchappy
It's called fire sleeve. I use the orange Aeroquip stuff I think it's a little easier to source than the Goodridge hose.
ottox914
Go to almost any auto parts store. They will have, or can get products to wrap lines to prevent heat-melting. I'm using on my clutch/speedo cables a section of heat wrap for a starter. Its long enough to go from about the engine mount bar to the clutch cable bracket where the pulley wheel is. It was to wide, so I wrapped it around the cables several times. The auto parts store also has some stainless steel tye wraps, which I purchased and used to secure the double wrapped heat barrier blanket thingy. I think I was out maybe 30-40 bucks for all of it, and have had no problems. Car is at a friends house for some turbo work, he's out of town, so no pics, but I'll gry to get a few next wk to add.
ztbell
have pic
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.