Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wevo 915 trans mod
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
East coaster
Ok........if you go with a 915 trans w/Wevo mod. What goodies are "required" to create a linkage and what goodies are "desired"??

If at this end there's a Wevo mod'd 915................................this end is a stock 911 shift lever. Fill in the dots (shift rods/bushings/couplers/etc..).
Brad Roberts
What year is the tub ??

B
East coaster
'74 tub and since your reading...........what about axles??
Brad Roberts
911 shifter to early shift rod necked down for the late firewall bushing and then a WEVO coupler... then a straight rod to another WEVO coupler at the tranny.

A WEVO coupler is only needed at the tranny.

To do this on the cheap: Find a stock 915 shifter/early 914 shift rod/sacrifice a late 914 shift rod and weld the two together

I can show you in pics soon.

The Axles. I need to measure a set of 911SC axles and see what the difference is... this is the cheapest easiest route if the length is correct. We run the larger early 911 drive flanges in the tranny and at the control arm with stock early 911 axles.

The SC drive flanges come stock in the 915 trannys (late boxes and they slip right into 9146/early 911 drive hubs in the control arms.

B
BravoHotel
Brad, can you give us the cost issues and parts collecting issues and fabrication issues on doing the Wevo 915 conversion?

Can you lay out the differences in the "on the cheap" version vs. "wish list" version

Thanks
BH

PS: PICS?
Brad Roberts
I can.... and need too, but it will be sometime over this Christmas holiday that I get a chance to do it.

Just bump this Thursday or Friday.

B
BravoHotel
no problemo.
PorschePony
Brad, have you put that list together yet? I have been watching myself for the how-to's and don'ts. I have a 915 and was wondering what is involved in the merger of the 915 into a 901 area......

Are there any articles dedicated to what all needs done to thte tranny and surrounding connections that people like me can look at?

ed
Brad Roberts
I am slammed with work. I'll have to revisit this later. I barely have time to check in right now or answer email.

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.