Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Still having Trouble installing transmission
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mrhurtalot
so, ive gotten some time to try and reinstall the transmission, its no use.

shimmy shimmy
try as i might, it goes on the bottom bolts, and sticks about 1 inch from the goal.

i cannot get the cvs to twist the same direction so i turned the flywheel by hand and made sure the clutch was lined up..

sitll wont go on. suggestions?

im about to go an hero on this.
sww914
It sounds like the clutch might not be lined up, I don't use clutch alignment tools, they wobble around too much. I just shine a flashlight through the clutch splines and sight down the hole into the pilot bearing, adjusting the clutch location as necessary.
Did you replace the clutch? If so, you may have been given the wrong clutch with different splines. Try to slide the disc onto the trans. input shaft by itself to make sure it will go.
mrhurtalot
well its been in for a while and the car ran fine. i had some work done on the trans. a few weeks ago and now i cant get seem to get it to fit again.

but when i get a chance to ill look into your suggestion.

i thought i should be able to turn the cvs by hand? they twist opposite really easily.

ive installed and unistalled this thing like 5 times. its so frustrating to have it no work now. i just want to drive!!!!
Spoke
QUOTE(mrhurtalot @ Sep 3 2007, 05:07 AM) *

i thought i should be able to turn the cvs by hand? they twist opposite really easily.

Have you tried turning the tranny input shaft by hand? If the tranny is in gear, hold one of the output hubs while turning the other to get the splines lined up.

If the clutch wasn't worked on it should still be aligned. Was the clutch arm ball socket replaced? When you get the tranny in position, does the clutch arm seem bound up or is it free?

What type of work was done to the tranny?

Spoke
So.Cal.914

i cannot get the cvs to twist the same direction so i turned the flywheel by hand and made sure the clutch was lined up..

It still sounds like your clutch is out of alignment, just a little will do to make you pull your hair out. Just for shits and giggles...Check it again.

I just shine a flashlight through the clutch splines and sight down the hole into the pilot bearing, adjusting the clutch location as necessary.

Words of wisdom. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.