Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: stock 1973 1.7L air Filter or replacement
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
porsha916
I have a stock 1973 1.7L FI 914 and I can't seem to find an Air filter!! Please Help! headbang.gif I would like to keep It stock.
Take Care
Bill
tdgray
For the short period I owned my 1.7 I never found a substitute... even called K&N and a couple of other places to see if they could match the size... no joy in Mudville.
type47
option might be to find an "oil bath" 1.7 filter but that would be interesting because many changed to a filter with a filter element from the "oil bath" filter. did you check all the usual suspects? (auto atlanta, pelican, german parts & restor, others?)
dr914@autoatlanta.com
NAPA
2-OH!
I have a brand new one I will sell for $10.00 + frt...Changed air intake systems and never used it...Still in the box...PM me and I will send the details...

2-OH!
porsha916
Tried Napa no luck! Waste of time!
porsha916
2-OH! I take it! Let me know the total including shipping to 98226. And how you would like to be payed.
Take Care
Bill
Jamie
I've been looking for several months with no luck either-dang, just missed a deal! Anyone else have one for sale?
jonferns
the bird? -JON

edit: now I see...its NLA
2-OH!
Damn...Left money on the table again...

I did not know this thing was made of unobtainium...

2-OH!

SLITS
QUOTE(2-OH! @ Sep 8 2007, 08:28 AM) *

Damn...Left money on the table again...

I did not know this thing was made of unobtainium...

2-OH!

While it's prolly to late ..... measure the diameter (outside to outside and inside to inside) and the height ... post it here please .... that's how you find an unobtainium filter ..... there will be one that is close enough for deutscher gubermint work.
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(Jamie @ Sep 7 2007, 07:31 PM) *

I've been looking for several months with no luck either-dang, just missed a deal! Anyone else have one for sale?

zoom
Mahle Air Filter

1.8L & 2.0L

Free Shipping on Orders Over $50
Availability: In Stock
Usually delivers in 2 to 3 days

Live Help

FITS (ENGINE/CHASSIS) SKU PRICE QTY
1973 Porsche 914
H4, 1.7L, 914

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/products...ory=air_filters

smile.gif
black73
Go to this website Champion labs. Send an email asking where to buy an AF 103 air filter and they should respond in a day or two... worked for me thumb3d.gif
roadster fan
According to Champion Labs the specs for AF103 are:

O.D. 8.06 in 205mm
Hgt 3.22 in 82mm
I.D. 4.94 in 125mm

Hope this helps, oh and they do have a filter finder as well.

They list the application as: Volkswagen 1973-74 Volkswagen# 022-129-620

Hope this helps. Man, I love the internet!

Jim
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(porsha916 @ Sep 7 2007, 07:20 PM) *

2-OH! I take it! Let me know the total including shipping to 98226. And how you would like to be payed.
Take Care
Bill

We have them on the shelf and ready to ship monday. We buy them from NAPA and then take them out of the box so no one will think that we are just going to NAPA to get them! However we divulge all of our secrets to the club! NAPA NAPA that is where we get them. They are a great fit.
So.Cal.914
George, have you got a NAPA part # for them? smile.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com

that gives it away right there: 1.8 and 2.0! They are square!

QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Sep 8 2007, 08:44 AM) *

QUOTE(Jamie @ Sep 7 2007, 07:31 PM) *

zoom
Mahle Air Filter

1.8L & 2.0L

Free Shipping on Orders Over $50
Availability: In Stock
Usually delivers in 2 to 3 days

Live Help

FITS (ENGINE/CHASSIS) SKU PRICE QTY
1973 Porsche 914
H4, 1.7L, 914

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/products...ory=air_filters

smile.gif

dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Sep 8 2007, 01:01 PM) *

not today. have a bunch without boxes! (of course) our parts man will be back monday and he knows the napa number.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Sep 8 2007, 01:50 PM) *

QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Sep 8 2007, 01:01 PM) *

not today. have a bunch without boxes! (of course) our parts man will be back monday and he knows the napa number.

It's MONDAY! I, for one, am ready for that number ..................

The Cap'n
porsha916
I am waiting to George, Please, what's the NAPA part #??? confused24.gif
Take Care
Bill
porsha916
Hi George, Please let us know the NAPA part# is for the 1.7L stock air filter??? headbang.gif
Take Care
Bill
Cap'n Krusty
It's almost Wednesday, and still no part number ...................... The Cap'n
jd74914
From George's post it seems to me that he thinks the 1.7L filter is the same as the 1.8 or 2.0.
tdgray
Now why in the world would George give the part number out... so we can from NAPA instead of him???

That would not make sense... anyway when I had my 1.7 I checked AA and they did not have them. Maybe a temp thing dunno
rmital
I purchased one about a year ago from Stable Energies , for $15. Bob did mention he had more sitting on the shelf. Worth a try....
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(tdgray @ Sep 12 2007, 06:41 AM) *

Now why in the world would George give the part number out... so we can from NAPA instead of him???

That would not make sense... anyway when I had my 1.7 I checked AA and they did not have them. Maybe a temp thing dunno

Why? Because he said he would. I am beginning to think, however, that what he said may not mean what we thought it did. He actually said his parts guy has the number, he never said he'd actually give it to us.

"However we divulge all of our secrets to the club! NAPA NAPA that is where we get them."

Well, 'SOME' secrets, anyway. Oh well, off to NAPA today ................ I have a used filter and housing for them to play with. If I get a number, you can be sure I'll pass it on. The Cap'n
black73
Champion AF103 compared to a Mann...
Click to view attachment
black73

biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
dr914@autoatlanta.com
2011 gold is the best fit.
Slider
Nice.. thanks Dr 914

just give the man a little time ...

Chris
Cap'n Krusty
THANKS! My customers thank you, as well. The Cap'n
So.Cal.914
Thanks 'Doc'... biggrin.gif
porsha916
Hi to all, Thanks george you came through!!! smilie_pokal.gif I have one on order with NAPA. In my travels on the net I also found that a Bosch 73349 that was sold to me by 2-OH, is still sold by German auto parts for VW's. Also I emailed K&N about their custom build program and I am going to email them the spec's Tomorrow. I will give updates in a future post.
Take Care biggrin.gif
Bill
jd74914
Thanks . . . my brother will be happy to know his 1.7 has an air filter now laugh.gif
porsha916
hi, I got my NAPA Gold 2909, not even close! Whats up george! confused24.gif confused24.gif The Spec's of the Bosch 73349 and the Champion AF-103 are the same.

O.D. 8.06 in 205mm
Hgt 3.22 in 82mm
I.D. 4.94 in 125mm

Napa Gold 2909

O.D. 9.17
Hgt 2.625
I.D. 6.80

Not even close!
2-OH!
Bill:

I forgot to keep a copy of the UPS bill # so I could track...I assume from the comments above that you got it OK ???

2-OH!
porsha916
Yes, 2-OH, I got the filter!!! Thanks!!! biggrin.gif Did you get the Payment?
Take Care
Bill
porsha916
Hi, If anyone knows of any other Part numbers/ Makes of 1.7L air filters I am still looking for a good source!
Take Care
Bill
black73
QUOTE(black73 @ Sep 8 2007, 10:56 AM) *

Go to this website Champion labs. Send an email asking where to buy an AF 103 air filter and they should respond in a day or two... worked for me thumb3d.gif

Bill, Have you tried the Filter Hotline on the Champion website? I tried it myself this afternoon and they have already given me a person to contact in this area. The Champ filters are a perfect fit and appear to be good quality. confused24.gif

Cap'n Krusty
When we got to NAPA today, the 2909 was an obvious loser. The 2110 fits, but offers FAR less filter in terms or square inches of media. We'll use it until we find something more like the original. We're workin' on it! The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.