Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: MGA
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ppickerell
Members,
Please keep your eye out for non-restored MGA's perferebly west coast and rust free. I am ready to make the plunge mueba.gif .
Queenie
British Sports Cars doesn't currently list any for sale, but you might keep an eye on their site. They have new stuff in and out of there all the time...I like to walk by and drool on the windows.
ppickerell
Queenie,
Thanks,
I bookmarked them. Pricey! (10K for a 65 MGB?) Prefer non-restored. There is normally 8-10 on ebay, but is slow for the holidays.
rick 918-S
I'd sell you my wifes car. 1959 MGA 1500 no nonsense steel wheels, Orion Red, tan interior, 1967 5 main MGB motor, not restored but a nice driver. I bought it in L.A. 9-11-2001 Only problem is it's now in Minnesota.
Gint
If you scrounge up a twin cam, lemme know.
scottb
it was between a teener and an mga when i went shopping for a toy. pretty clear which one i bought but damn i like those mga's... wub.gif

evilbay link, no association yada yada yada......

unrestored 1958 MGA
steve@ottosvenice.com
I have a Very RARE 5 bearing 1622 MGA motor sitting in Storage. It ran really strong i pulled it from the rust bucket. I drove it about 25,000 miles and it was fairly fresh when I got it.Steve
ThinAir
Gee... this brings back memories. My first car was an 1960 MGA. Bought it in 1970 for $350 and had to get a loan from the Navy credit union to buy it. I was an E-2 at the time and could barely afford the payments. Unfortunately it only made a couple of trips between Phoenix and San Diego before it blew a rod bearing in Palm Springs and I sold it to a gas station for just enough money for the airfare to Phoenix. It was really fun while I had it!

I think the most memorable feature was the "wind-up" turn signals. You would turn it and it would work like a kitchen timer and flash the blinker until it wound down. I've never seen such a thing on any other car.
rick 918-S
Were selling this one. $ 12000.00
ppickerell
Scottb,
That went for a resonable price! That is about what I am looking for, $5000-$7000 range. Thanks to the other replies. Keep the leads coming. Steve,
what do you want for the motor?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.