Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Arizona Caravan to RRC2007
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ThinAir
Hey Arizona Gang! Join the 914 caravan from Flagstaff to Moab, Utah!

The caravan leaves Flagstaff Friday morning (9/22) at 6:00 a.m.
Why 6 a.m.? 'Cuz MapBlast says it's 6 hours from Flagstaff to Moab and assuming the first event is like last year (a drive) at 2 p.m. Utah time. This should put us into Moab by 1 p.m. Utah time. Yeah, we'll probably do better than that, but since the first event is a drive it will be good to have a little time out of the seat before we take off again. Besides, you need time to meet and BS with everyone!

Where to meet?
Figure on meeting at my house 4891 E. Half Moon Dr. We can meet elsewhere, like the Flagstaff Mall or one of the hotels, but I like the idea of having my neighbors wonder what's going on and I'm right on the way out Hwy 89. If you prefer otherwise, let me know - I'm flexible biggrin.gif

Where to stay?
Stay where you like, but if you want to stay on the East end of town the closest motels are:
Days Inn East - 3601 E. Lockett Rd. 928-527-1477
Hampton Inn - 3501 E. Lockett Rd. 928-526-1885
Super 8 - 3725 N. Kasper Dr. 928-526-0818

So who's in?
ejm
I'll be there smile.gif
ThinAir
It looks like the AZ caravan from Flagstaff is going to be Mike & Ernie DeVries in 914s plus Ed Morrow from MA (I think) in his rental car. (Ed - check your PMs) Since the schedule has just been posted and the first event isn't until 4:30 pm we're looking at leaving Flagstaff at 8 a.m. instead of 6 a.m. The plan is to meet up in Bluff, UT (163/191 junction) with Mike, Wade and Jason at 12-12:30 pm UT time and roll into Moab together from there.
AZ914
I think its cool that the AZ Caravan has a guy from Massachusetts in it smile.gif
ejm
Ernie, check your PM's. Eight at your place is good for us. smile.gif

Is Mary's Cafe still just up the road from you?
ThinAir
Hey Ed - Welcome to AZ! Enjoy the Grand Canyon today!

Mary's Cafe is indeed just up the road from me - probably less than a mile. If you are not a smoker you may find Mary's less than desirable. They are just outside the city limit and the last I heard they still allowed smoking in the restaurant and had become quite a magnet for smokers since the city of Flagstaff went smoke-free in restaurants a few years ago.

If you are looking for a similar "Route 66 Cafe" experience without the smoke, I can recommend Miz Zips (2924 E. Route 66) or Mike & Ronda's (3518 E. Route 66 - behind the Burger King). Both are within about 2 miles of Mary's.

Feel free to stop by the house if you like. Hopefully I'll by home by 2 p.m. today to finish up the tranny swap on Mike's 914 so it will be ready to roll for tomorrow morning.

Let's boogee!! driving.gif
ThinAir
We're on the way!!! driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif
ejm
QUOTE(ThinAir @ Sep 21 2007, 11:40 AM) *

We're on the way!!! driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif

What Ernie said!!! piratenanner.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.