Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yo Cali what's shaking!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Sparky
I hope all you wrong coasters are doing fine and no one on the list or associated with any of us are impacted by the quake.

My best,
Mike D. (on the right coast)
'73 tub ... It's a blank canvas and I'm getting ready to break out my paints!!!
rick 918-S
Hey sparky! any brush strokes in the canvas yet? wavey.gif
Sparky
This was a shell I picked up from e-bay that had been sandblasted and poorly primed. I was able to actuallly remove 90% of the primer using MBTE and a scotch brite pad. I've sprayed the devil out of it with Rust Bullet. Next step the weld shop. My cousin and I have a deal worked out on a fair shop rate, he's gonna do some creative triming for me and stick on my custom flares. Sorry folks no pics until I spring for a digital camera, hmm digital camera or new fuel cell.....

Stay tuned for updates!!!

My best,
Mike D.
need4speed
My first - I was in Santa Maria, and we had to get out of my office building. No damage there, or at home.
Though I feel sorry for the folks up in Paso Robles. . .

I guess the last big quake in this area was 47 years ago, a 6.2.
If that was "the big one", I'll trade that for tornadoes any day.

Growing up in Illinois; seeing a piece of your neighbor's house blowing down the street was God's way of telling you to get your ass down into the basement.

And that was every spring. Sometimes, more than once a year. This earthquake business was no big deal. Though I'm sure I'd be more nervous about it if I lived in either of the big quake zones (LA or SF).
NoPorsche
Though I'm sure I'd be more nervous about it if I lived in either of the big quake zones (LA or SF).

I think Parkfield (north-East of Paso Robles) and the Carrizo Plains area (south-east of Paso, but almost due east of you, only ~30-40+ miles away) are more likley to have a HUGE quake soon. More likely than LA or SF. Both on the San Andreas Fault...

LA and SF are notible, because they are huge metro areas, but generally aren't where the "big one" is expected... Better hang on...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.