Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Aftermarket rearview mirror
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rog914
Looking through Evilbay, I see this Rearview mirror that replaces the the center visor mount (has s.s. posts so you can still use visors).

Has anybody used and liked these mirrors?

And anybody know where to get them and the price? I don't want to get ripoff from Evilbay.

Thanks for any info

Ralph

74 2.0
seanery
that guy on ebay makes them or has them made. I think they look cool. They used to be for sale here in the classifieds, but people have driven the price up to crazy amounts on ebay. I look for the price to fall. Hopefully, I can afford one without having to refinance my house.
Gint
IPB Image
914rick
I got one from ebay a few months ago for about $100.00 (ouch), but I really like it. It's slightly bigger, can see behind better, but does not obstuct your forward vision. I think it is a much "cleaner" look. And, I don't have to worry about the mirror falling off the windshield during a DE event mad.gif

Rick
Huey1092
I e-mailed the guy some time ago and he doesn't sell direct, he said he only sells via e-bay. He may do a group thing though. I, for one, would be interested. rolleyes.gif
seanery
IPB Image
Gint
Finally! Thanks Sean. What's the guy's ebay id?
seanery
he's making a mint on them.

I used to watch the pricing, they'd sit at like $30-50 until the last 2 minutes and then go up to $125 or higher. To me it's worth about $50 - 75. and that is quite a bit, IMHO.
Gint
That's alottabucks. Thanks for the link Karl.
Brad Roberts
Who the F would want CLEAR sun visors ?? I *thought* the whole idea was to drop your visors to keep the sun out of your eyes ??? confused24.gif

Somebody buy one (mirror) and we will dupe it. If he wont sell at a decent price.. dupe it. I'll give you 3 guesses as to why Mueller sells roller bearings and the first two dont count.

B
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif
I bought one last spring for $50.00 from him on E-bay watched for 6months to get that price. When I got it the mirrow,it was not as i wanted it to be. I emailed him and he sent a better one. All around good guy to deal with.
He can ask any price he wants to, just don,t pay more than you want . We all are to impatient!
Dave smilie_flagge6.gif
Part Pricer
Dave,

What was wrong with the first one, and how is the second one different?

What is your overall impression of the product? Is it worth $50?
larryp
Paul- I have one, take a ride up to Chris' and see mine. It was worth the money to me.

(BTW, is there some reason the new CRV PCA logo, you know, the one YOU designed, is the silhouette of a 911? Traitor! Benedict Arnold!)
Sparky
I've sent him an e-mail asking if he would be interested in hooking us up with a group buy rate. I asked what kind of rate he would give us on 20. Lets see what happens...

Mike D.
Curvie Roadlover
I'd be interested, if he can do us a good deal.
Part Pricer
Hey Larry,

I've got a better idea. Why don't you stop by here on your way back from Chris' place when you eventually pick up your car? I'll have a screwdriver handy so I can see how it works in my car. ohmy.gif

And, Mr. Smart-ass it's not a silhouette of a 911. I got the last laugh on thw wine-and-cheese crowd, it's a VW Bug.
East coaster
Wasn't there someone on this board looking for 914 products to produce?? I'd be interested in one of these mirrors is it was priced right. I figured I'd probably machine a piece that would receive the stock mirror stalk and also replace the center visor bracket.

Count me in for a group buy if we can get a decent price and I can put the machining time into fender stretching smash.gif
Chris H.
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Dec 23 2003, 01:05 AM)
Who the F would want CLEAR sun visors ?? I *thought* the whole idea was to drop your visors to keep the sun out of your eyes ??? confused24.gif

Yeah and plus those are made out of plexiglass or something. I wouldn't want that quite so close to my face I don't think.

I've been trolling for one of those mirrors myself. Looks like we have figured out the source of the price spike on e-bay... US!
JWest
QUOTE(East coaster @ Dec 23 2003, 05:39 AM)
Wasn't there someone on this board looking for 914 products to produce??

I am going to have something out by the first of the year (with a new website and a few new parts).

I am going to be offering a mirror with the interior lights in it like many new cars. I have one in my car, and it is so nice to have light where you need it and they work as map lights on each side when you need that. It will mount to the glass.

The problem I see with the mirror your guys are talking about is that it is a step backwards in safety. For the last 30 years, any mirror that did not mount the the glass has a break-away mechanism of some sort.

Besides not falling from the glue letting go, what is the advantage of this mirror that makes it worth so much $$?
larryp
Paul, I can stop by on the way back if you think it will run that far. Or I could just have AAA use your place as a waypoint.

If you were spoofin' the wine crowd with vee dubs you could have used a Jetta. The profile is closer to ours!
Brad Roberts
Cool James.. cant wait to see the new products.

I dont think I have seen this many posts from east coast people. clap56.gif

B
larryp
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Dec 23 2003, 08:43 AM)
I dont think I have seen this many posts from east coast people.

note to self: change bio info to California
Sparky
Got an email back from the guy, he does them one off and is only lined up to make like three more. He said it would take hime like 2 years to make a run of 20.

Oh well....
seanery
If that's the case let's dupe 'em.
fraggle00
oops I suppose... we've all been fighting over them!

I'd be in for buying a copy or somesuch, I can't ever seem to win the Ebay version. Esp. if we could make 'em for $50 rather than $130...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.