Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where do i find those Euro front turn signal kits ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mikeyboy_85
Hey, i have an imported 914 and wanted to get the euro signals for the front to make the parker seperate from the turn signal.. and also the car handles not to bad but i think it could benifit from sway bars, could someone please tell me what brand to get etc and is installation hard?
skline
Camp914 for the signal kit and as for sway bars, Weltmeister, stock or whatever you can afford. The installation is fairly easy on any of them.
So.Cal.914
Camp 914, for the blinkers, you will see the ad above in the banner.

Sway bars will help. Performance Products, Automobile Atlanta for starters.

Installation is not bad, if you have Q's, you have come to the right place.

rhodyguy
do you want oem or after market swaybars? good, used, complete, oem bars should be readily available thru the classifieds here, at narp, 914club, and pelican. new bushings and you're good to go. check your front control arms to make sure they have tabs for the droplinks.

k
mikeyboy_85
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Sep 9 2007, 06:57 AM) *

do you want oem or after market swaybars? good, used, complete, oem bars should be readily available thru the classifieds here, at narp, 914club, and pelican. new bushings and you're good to go. check your front control arms to make sure they have tabs for the droplinks.

k

well what would u suggest as the best option?? and what do these tabs look like ?? i really don't how a sway bar works. . . can someone explain it to me ??

rhodyguy
the front bar passes thru the body under the fuel tank. you have to pull the tank to install it. the tab is pictured on the front control arms i removed from a car yesterday. you can see where the bottom of the droplink attaches in one picture and the top in the other.

k
So.Cal.914
Like Skline mentioned, I run Weltweister and I have been happy, and the price is right. But you can spend more. It's a spring steel rod that runs from side to side, drop links tie the two sides together.
DEC
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Sep 9 2007, 05:35 PM) *

the front bar passes thru the body under the fuel tank. you have to pull the tank to install it. the tab is pictured on the front control arms i removed from a car yesterday. you can see where the bottom of the droplink attaches in one picture and the top in the other.

k

agree.gif
Here any pics

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
DEC
one more
Click to view attachment
Rick_Eberle
I converted the indicators myself. Just cut an aluminium plate to fit the indentations in the light housing, and drill a hole in the bottom to fit the light from the side marker. That will work as your parking light.

Where in Australia are you? I'm in Geelong.
mikeyboy_85
QUOTE(Rick_Eberle @ Sep 9 2007, 01:57 PM) *

I converted the indicators myself. Just cut an aluminium plate to fit the indentations in the light housing, and drill a hole in the bottom to fit the light from the side marker. That will work as your parking light.

Hey, Im out near lilydale, i would love to see your 914! Mine is the only one that i have seen in Oz

cheers michael
914-8
QUOTE(Rick_Eberle @ Sep 9 2007, 02:57 PM) *

Do you have any pics of your conversion? Not quite sure what you mean about "fitting the light from the side marker." The side marker light seems to be a part of the round plastic side marker assembly that can't easily be removed. Thanks!
John
Mine are not like the factory made (the factory ones looked to be some sort of casting with a rounded reflector shape for the bulb.

Mine are made of 2 pieces of 1/8" plastic (maybe lexan). One piece is cut to fit in the housing and is curved on top to match the lens. It is used to block light from the rest of the housing. My second piece has two holes that sit on the locater pins that are part of the housing. This second piece is where I mounted a bulb socket. I bought bulb sockets and 5W bulbs at my flaps.

I made mine 19 or 20 years ago, shortly after buying my car.
mikeyboy_85
here is my front end . . . i am told it has a 70's 911 front end, Would it effect me buying a 914 sway bar??

cheers michael
mikeyboy_85
I take it that my car has not had sway bars installed ??
blitZ
Looks like your car has never had a front sway bar. There is a good article at Pelican to show you how. However, there is already the tab on your A arm for the drop link, so it will be a little less work. It's a very worthwhile upgrade.
mikeyboy_85
QUOTE(DEC @ Sep 9 2007, 11:52 AM) *

what kind of sway is this ?
rhodyguy
oem with what appears to be fresh anodizing. real sharp!

k
mikeyboy_85
What are the advantages of the Weltweister? i was looking at them in pelican and they seem well priced, i also say the rear OEM one as well. Is there any complete kits for the rear cause i noticed that the rear sway brackets are no longer availble?

thanks michael
Rick_Eberle
QUOTE(914-8 @ Sep 10 2007, 11:07 AM) *

Do you have any pics of your conversion? Not quite sure what you mean about "fitting the light from the side marker." The side marker light seems to be a part of the round plastic side marker assembly that can't easily be removed. Thanks!

Actually, when I really think about it, it was only the wiring that got used...

I switched to H4 headlights, and they had an optional parking light socket, and I put that into the bottom of the indicator housing.
Rick_Eberle
QUOTE(mikeyboy_85 @ Sep 10 2007, 10:32 AM) *

Hey, Im out near lilydale, i would love to see your 914! Mine is the only one that i have seen in Oz

cheers michael

Your on... I got mine registered in July, and it's my daily driver now. I'd like to get up to Healesville Sanctary one of these days. I'll send you a PM in a couple of weeks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.