Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New trick front suspension bits
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
campbellcj
http://www.kannamotorsports.com/kanna_moto...lins_shocks.htm

External reservoir, double-adjustable struts with adjustable spindle-height; plus monoball ball joints.

Don't ask me, I'm just posting the pics cuz they look kinda cool smile.gif
ChrisReale
Mmmmm....... mueba.gif I love all that trick stuff, but at the same time, I like how our cars are so basic.
Brad Roberts
When will they be available ?

Too bad Smart snoozed and didnt get their setup out before these guy's. Smart had a problem with the shock manufacturer and as fas as I know still havent released their setup (which is very very similar to this setup.

B
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Dec 22 2003, 11:31 PM)
Too bad Smart snoozed and didnt get their setup out before these guy's.

Smart shows a '935-style' complete front suspension setup, but just drawings, no pictures... it's one of the options i'm considering for either the 911 or the 914.6 since they both need everything up front (the 911 slightly less so).

have you seen that 'up close and personal' and/or do you know anything about it ?

trick as it is, i'm not sure it'd be appropriate fot a car that sees any street time.

the new guys' monoball ball joint looks intriguing since i'll have to uprate ball joints to use RSR struts ...
brant
Hey,

what do you guys think about that ball joint.
I was trying to decide if it was worth the upgrade for a track only car..

anybody have any experience with something like this?

brant
Brad Roberts
Yes. It is the same piece the ERP guy uses in his kits (except this one is designed to work with your OE threaded collar). I honestly dont think there is much to be gained. There is no play in a stock OE piece and it has a dust boot.

B
Brad Roberts
Where are we on these ?? Anyone get any pricing yet ?? We have the funds to totally go thru the tube chassis 914 suspension this year (2004) and I like the Ohlins.

Rich I see I didnt answer your question.

Yes. I have physically seen the Smart setup on several 911's in our area for testing (including the car in Excellence.. Stewart Ward) Unlike 90% of the other "manufacturers" out there.. Smart/Woods/WEVO all test their products for a 12-18 months before release.

B
kanna
ANSWERS TO ALL YOUR QUESTIONS...about our products that is.
Just to clear up a few thing regarding our KMS suspension products.
First off the KMS/Ohlins front struts have been in R&R for nearly a year. There has been extensive rethinking and modifications to the original design.
The original development of our MonoBalljoint was due to the rebound adjustment of the Ohlins being a 3mm allen accessed thru the bottom of the strut. If you were to install the Ohlins with stock balljoints, the strut would have to be removed from the balljoint every time you wanted to make a rebound dampening adjustment. So we developed a way for the struts to be used without having to use a 935 from suspension system. VIOLA! The MonoBalljoint!
On the contrarry to one of the posts, there is a significant difference between this setup and a stock balljoint. There is approximately .5 degree of give in a stock balljoint under load. If you have ever opened one up you will see that the ball rides in a plastic housing that is pliable. Under load our MonoBalljoint has less than .03 degrees of deflection.
There are dust shields available for them also.
We also have a 935 front suspension setup that is designed and built the correct way! both the ERP & Racers Group systems put the control arm heim bolt in single shear. Ask any engineer and they will tell you this is a serious NO-NO. To quote Carroll Smith from his book Engineer To Win, "If God did not intendus to use bolts for axles/trunnions, then he sure as hell did not EVER intend for us (or anyone else) to use a bolt in single shear. DON'T."
Ours puts the heim bolt in double shear as it should be.
I decided to begin manufacturing parts because I was sick of others charging outragious prices just because we drive Porsches.
I will make every attempt to keep all of our items priced fairly.
An example is our 935 front suspension. Machined from 7075-T6 aluminum, all hardware, and monoballs is $1200 complete.
If you would like any additional info feel free to call me personally at Kanna Motorsports (828) 289-6911

Kevin Schilling
brant
Kevin,

thanks for the reply and info...
so before xmas you guys were having a sale on the solid ball joints...

whats the price on a pair now?

brant
Brad Roberts
I need a front complete front setup for 911 control arms (Ohlin struts and a monoball set)

I'll install them and push them locally. We have waited and waited on the SmartCamber stuff and I dont see them being available any time soon... so.. I'm going to go with your setup. I also need some rear Ohlins. We currently run a Bilstein competition setup (heim ends top/bottom)

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.