Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The great Pacific northwest
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bernbomb914
arrived at seatac at 7:25 pm stopped at Ivars for some fish and chips and clam chowder to eat on the ferry to Bainbridge Island. My wife and I get to spend Christmas week with my Daughters family and we are looking forward to seeing this great country. This is the first time we have been here this time of year. we will have a great time Iam sure.

Bernie clap56.gif
reverie
First time here this time of year? Now you know why it's so incredibly green here.. rain, showers, rain, showers.. how many ways can the weatherman say that?

Have a nice visit! smile.gif
rhodyguy
you got some nice weather for december.

kevin
Bruce Allert
Hey Bernie, you picked one of the best Chowda places for yer first time here. Well.... it's my favorite. It's not a complete visit to Seattle w/o Ivars smile.gif In the summer you gotta fight the seagulls fer it! Bainbridge is really beautiful. If you have time try to get to Port Townsend. It's an old pirate town with scads of Victorian houses and an artsy downtown.
Enjoy......

......................b
boxstr
If by chance you get to Tacoma, be sure and stop by Podunk's and pickup a 914club sticker.
CCLINSTICKERSHOCK
Bleyseng
Yep, Bainbridge Island is nice now that they have kicked all the old Hippies off the island. Its only second to Mercer Island on the islands to live on. Downtown is nice and a good place for a walk. Check out the City Hall as I helped build that place ( yeah, Kevin it turned out nice in spite of me).

If you go shopping in Downtown Seattle, go to Pacific Place to look around with the family., For a treat buy some chocolates at the Newhaus shop on "C" level. They fly them in from Brussels everyday!!!

Geoff
bernbomb914
Bleyseng My daughter did the study to determine what building to remodel for the city hall. she designed the remodel for the movie theater. I've been to seattle many times but not this time of year. I think it is very beautiful but could not take the cold for very long, but its a great place to visit. clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif

Bernie
EdwardBlume
Yeah, I was a Cali transplant living in Magnoia and working in Bellevue. The place is awesome to live in except the winter days get mighty short. Does anyone in Seattle (besides my Mom) miss us CA folks??? laugh.gif laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.