Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Policy Addition for the Sandbox
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rusty
The Admin staff took a straw-poll and the majority vote was to open religious and political discussions in the Off Topic section (aka Sandbox). Our belief is that the member community can discuss political and religious topics in a fair and sane manner.

It will be subject to the same rules and sense of decorum as all other postings. Racist posts remain absolutely forbidden. Of course, personal attacks will not be tolerated and the use of profanity should be limited if not discouraged. If you decide to play rough and get your feelings hurt, don't come crying to us. smile.gif

Act like adults and you can exchange your ideas on pretty much any subject. Who knows? You might inform or change someones else's mind with an educated dissertation of your point of view.

kind regards,
Your Admin Team
SGB
EXCELLENT!

I 'll bet we are all able to agree or disagree and still maintain respect for each other.
SirAndy
QUOTE(SGB @ Sep 10 2007, 06:21 PM) *

I 'll bet we are all able to agree or disagree and still maintain respect for each other.

famous last words ... biggrin.gif

we'll see how the new rule plays out ...
popcorn[1].gif Andy
Hammy
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Sep 10 2007, 07:34 PM) *

popcorn[1].gif Andy

laugh.gif
I think the admins should pay close attention just in case things get outta hand...
Should be innarestin' though.
thomasotten
Interesting that a special dispensation had to be given to allow political and religious discussions...
Rusty
Why is it interesting?

"Back in the day", stuff used to get really ugly. At the time, I think it was a good policy.

Times have changed, hopefully this new policy will reflect that. smile.gif
Dr Evil
Hehehe, this ought to be interesting. Good on ya admin team thumb3d.gif
SGB
I still think the admins should be provided absolute unquestioned authority to delete, ban, whatever, as needed to keep it within THEIR choosen guidelines. It really isn't fair of us to second guess or complain any choice they might make, especially with this new freedom. There is a lot of disagreement on PP's off-topic board, but I've seen pictures of some pretty vocal opponents together at Porsche events. I hope we can be adult without oversight being needed.
Dr Evil
QUOTE(SGB @ Sep 11 2007, 12:16 AM) *

I still think the admins should be provided absolute unquestioned authority to delete, ban, whatever, as needed to keep it within THEIR choosen guidelines. It really isn't fair of us to second guess or complain any choice they might make, especially with this new freedom. There is a lot of disagreement on PP's off-topic board, but I've seen pictures of some pretty vocal opponents together at Porsche events. I hope we can be adult without oversight being needed.

I disagree and you look funny poke.gif wink.gif
markb
QUOTE(SGB @ Sep 10 2007, 08:16 PM) *

agree.gif
johnlush
"mature political and religious discussions"

Is it me or is that like the queen mother of oxymorons?

Should be interesting to watch ------ from a distance!
SGB
what an oxy-moronic thing to say.

Aye, Yer all marrons, methinks. Argh.
So.Cal.914
My NARP brothers (and Sisters) have been able to control themselves with

a simular format. I think we are all grown up enough to 'Play Nice'. So let the

games begin...
rhodyguy
just in time for the 08' elections smilie_pokal.gif . i'm not so sure about this move dry.gif . the g.w. thread reads a little testy at times. the only other rule i see appropriate is no addition of long, long, long, repetitive, repetitive, repetitive quotes that force you to scroll down the whole damn page type.gif .

k
URY914
I just posted the first thread allowed by the rule change. I hope it doesn't get out of hand. biggrin.gif
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Sep 10 2007, 10:34 PM) *

popcorn[1].gif Andy

agree.gif popcorn[1].gif & posted my thoughts in the Sandbox.
Brando
HOLY BALLS.

I need ice skates, hell just froze over.
jaminM3
Sandbox? I didn't even know what it was...

headbang.gif wacko.gif
ws91420
to remind the rules of politcal discussions in the box
jimkelly
popcorn[1].gif
sww914
People really hold their beliefs in high regard. Many people get really upset when they think that their beliefs are being insulted or assaulted. I respect a good debate and I hope that most of the discussions remain debates rather than arguments. I don't want people to fight when the reason that we come here is to socialize under the umbrella of our love of these silly cars.
The strange thing about beliefs is that most of them cannot be proven one way or the other. We can prove that a 914 is superior to a similarly prepared 911 in AX for instance, but I don't see how it's possible to prove the superiority of one religion over another or to prove that one political party is the clear winner over another.
With that in mind, please be nice kids, or I'm putting you all on a time out! happy11.gif
Joe Bob
This should be fun.....but shouldn't this be in the sandbox?
LarryR
QUOTE(Rusty @ Sep 10 2007, 07:15 PM) *

The Admin staff took a straw-poll and the majority vote was to open religious and political discussions in the Off Topic section (aka Sandbox). Our belief is that the member community can discuss political and religious topics in a fair and sane manner.

It will be subject to the same rules and sense of decorum as all other postings. Racist posts remain absolutely forbidden. Of course, personal attacks will not be tolerated and the use of profanity should be limited if not discouraged. If you decide to play rough and get your feelings hurt, don't come crying to us. smile.gif

Act like adults and you can exchange your ideas on pretty much any subject. Who knows? You might inform or change someones else's mind with an educated dissertation of your point of view.

kind regards,
Your Admin Team

do what you want just leave the (.)(.) picutes alone beerchug.gif
SGB
I'm sorry. That comment is just too mature. I might be

taa-taaa-ta-taaaa

O F F E N D E D !
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.