Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thinking about a Manta exhaust.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JOE M
Just curious if anyone has a Manta installed in there 914. If so are there any gains (hp) and also how does it sound. I was told it is comparible to a 289 in a mustang for sound.
Thanks
Joe Ricard
CRAP
No HP gains
Loud as a MF

Budget exhaust is Bursch and it makes a couple more HP and is not ear piercingly loud.

Other end of the spectrum is the Tangerine. Lighter more power and not too loud for a race car.
JOE M
By the way my car is just a typical street car. Nothing special. The stock exhaust is shot and I need a replacement. Maybe I should cheap out and get the sebring.
After the exhaust I need to look at the shifter. It seems to grind in 1st and is sloppy.Not sure what is going on there.
So.Cal.914
Pic's? Manta, same as monza, anza?
por73914
QUOTE(JOE M @ Sep 11 2007, 10:10 AM) *

I need to look at the shifter. It seems to grind in 1st and is sloppy.Not sure what is going on there.

You need to replace the bushings in the shifter, Maybe the firewall and in the shift linkage on the tranny. All a pretty easy fix. beerchug.gif
JOE M
QUOTE(por73914 @ Sep 11 2007, 07:28 AM) *

QUOTE(JOE M @ Sep 11 2007, 10:10 AM) *

I need to look at the shifter. It seems to grind in 1st and is sloppy.Not sure what is going on there.

You need to replace the bushings in the shifter, Maybe the firewall and in the shift linkage on the tranny. All a pretty easy fix. beerchug.gif

Thanks for the heads up. When I test drove it a few weeks ago I noticed the problem but when the owner drove it there was no grinding. He laughed and said it is difficult to get used to. I will look into the bushings.
SirAndy
i ran a manta for 5 years on my 1.7L ...

despite what people say, it worked just fine and wasn't too loud. i liked the looks of it.
had no problem with rust either (hey cap'n! bye1.gif )

however, they ARE heavy!
driving.gif Andy

old pic from 2004 ...

Click to view attachment
akellym
Looks and sounds great, not loud.
JOE M
QUOTE(akellym @ Sep 11 2007, 11:57 AM) *

Looks and sounds great, not loud.

Is that a manta on your car. Looks sweet. Do you of any links that might have a sound clip?
Thanks.
akellym
Yes it is. No I don't. I have 1911 and it has a nice low rumble biggrin.gif
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Sep 11 2007, 12:36 PM) *

i ran a manta for 5 years on my 1.7L ...

despite what people say, it worked just fine and wasn't too loud. i liked the looks of it.
had no problem with rust either (hey cap'n! bye1.gif )

however, they ARE heavy!
driving.gif Andy

agree.gif

I like the sound and performance of my Anza, and it looks good.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.