Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MUFFLERS
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
iamchappy
I currently am using a Dansk 2-in 1-out muffler on my 79 3.0 CIS SC engined teener,
Do the Triads or other performance mufflers make appreciable difference in performance over the Dansk. Are they worth the upgrade. w00t.gif
redshift
My 2.0/4 has a wider tq range, may have lost .001% on the topend, but it really punches out in the middle.

I know it's not like your setup, but it should do similar things, from what I have read elsewhere, when I went on my quest for a muffler.

M
iamchappy
Im bumping myself here because I would really like to know, sort of looking for a present for my teener.
rhodyguy
go to the 911 forum @ pelican. there has been alot of chatter with regards to a new muffler triad is putting out as well. ask around how triads are percieved there. how they like them on their 6's. a number of people run them in this region.

kevin
nine14cats
I believe a performance muffler makes a big difference. For my 2.7-6, I just bought phase 9's for the race car and flow characteristics should make more power.

I switched out the stock exhaust on my '88 930 for header/heat exchangers and a performance exhaust from GHL. It made a HUGE difference. The car was 282 HP from the factory. I put the headers, muffler, SC cams in it along with a quicker spooling turbo. Had it dyno'd and it was 345HP at the rear wheels! I think the exhaust sytem was the biggest part.

Bill P.
nine14cats
There is a downside with the GHL setup. The pieces are beautiful and look trick, but the resonance in the muffler is pretty noticeable. I know it's the muffler because I switched the stock muffler back on and left the headers on. There was no resonance.

It's too bad it has to be loud to be good. I like loud on my race car...I don't like it as much on my street car...I guess I'm getting old! laugh.gif
iamchappy
I like quiet better than loud myself these days, but my 914 is so loud anyway the exhaust note wouldn't make that much difference to me, Im just looking for a little extra punch somewhere.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.