Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: a few questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
maddog
Hi All,

The local track in my area is opening a 4 cylinder class. I am just wondering what does a stock 914 weigh, how wide are they wheel to wheel, what is the wheel base, and what kind of hp can you get with a big bore kit, cams, headers, and webers. I am just looking for some general info to see if it would be doable to build one for the track.

Thanks,

Dave
Joe Ricard
Absolutely possible. 914's are seriously great track cars. We are talking road course right?

You can find all the dimensions via a search here.
914forme
Weight that is a contest as to who rules you they us and when they where written.

Gutted my car to the stock weight of 1975 this winter, then NASA changed the rules to 2165 for a 4cly, so guess where the weight went in at....

Stiffening the chassis.

Is this dirt track? or Oval by chance?
maddog
Hey thanks for the quick replies, it is a 5/8 mile oval track paved?
jhadler
QUOTE(maddog @ Sep 11 2007, 11:36 AM) *

Hey thanks for the quick replies, it is a 5/8 mile oval track paved?

blink.gif

I dunno if a 914 would be such a great short oval car. Short track races like that tend to entail a lot of rearranged sheet metal. And agility is not a strong suit for races like that. Stability and power are. For a race like that, I'd go cheap, powerful, and something with a higher polar moment of inertia (which is bad for road racing, but much better for oval track). But -cheap- would be an important criteria.

-Josh2
914forme
Yep, early VW rabbit, Hondas, etc....... Not a 914, FWD actually can do pretty well here, RWDs like Nissians are a true joy, and well, inreality look for a ford pinto!!!

Thay are fast Mofos on the ovals
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.