Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why does my windshield haze up when I drive my 914 ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
levonfarra
When I drive my teener, the windshield kinda hazes up and it will not go away on its own I need to carry a towel around so that I can wipe it clean

Anyone seen this problem before? What causes it and how do I fix it?

thank you for your time!

Levon

unsure.gif
jimtab
QUOTE(levonfarra @ Sep 11 2007, 09:07 PM) *

When I drive my teener, the windshield kinda hazes up and it will not go away on its own I need to carry a towel around so that I can wipe it clean

thank you for your time!

Levon

unsure.gif

Levon...if your windshield doesn't fog up....the terrorists win....actually you may have a leak in the system that is letting "pollutants" in....oil and such....my guess.
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(jimtab @ Sep 11 2007, 11:04 PM) *

QUOTE(levonfarra @ Sep 11 2007, 09:07 PM) *

thank you for your time!

Levon

unsure.gif

Levon...if your windshield doesn't fog up....the terrorists win....actually you may have a leak in the system that is letting "pollutants" in....oil and such....my guess.

agree.gif
You may need to look at you exchanger ducting. It could be allowing the air with the "pollutants" in. If you don;t have them then make sure the holes are capped.
Toast
Mine has done that for years.

What is happening is that the oil that has dripped onto the heat exchangers burns up as they warm up, but the oily/smokey particles comes up through the vents and deposits on the window (and a little on the dash it too.) Even if you have your heater off and your levers all the way left.

Mine was that bad once; where I carried napkins with me and wiped off my window all the time.
When the oil leak was reduced it wasn't bad. It is even better when the leak is stopped. biggrin.gif
sww914
Don't breathe in the car, the glass won't fog up anymore.
So.Cal.914
It's the 'Hounds of the Baskervilles', every time they show up it gets foggy.

URY914
Try some ammonia mixed 1/1 with water to clean it. With both doors open of course.
SGB
I get oil film too. For me, its blowby coming from the oil vent/catch can thing mounted on my firewall. It films up everything in the engine compartment. I need to route a line to a carb intake to burn the stuff up. I would not expect such problems on a car that still had the FI and pollution controls intact.
mrhurtalot
breathe thru your nose.
dflesburg
When welding on the boxed longs be sure to use enough heat to catch those pesky paper tubes on fire, then cut out the pipes on the firewall that used to connect to the paper tubes, weld up steel over where the holes were....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.