Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: cd player
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rufio0205
any suggestions on which cd player would be a good fit for a 73 914
scotty b
Any in dash will require the dash to be cut ( if it isn't already) otherethan that you could use a remote changer with an original "looking" ( knobs ) aftermarket radio with changer controls
firstknight13
biggrin.gif i fit mine in NO problem of course it is ALPINE............
thomasotten
I didn't cut mine.
familienauto
Anybody care to offer a model name/number for a CD player that fits? I'm about to order one too.

Zach
robby750
QUOTE(familienauto @ Sep 14 2007, 09:09 PM) *

Anybody care to offer a model name/number for a CD player that fits? I'm about to order one too.

Zach

Here is a Sony, don't know the Model # but it did not require any cutting. About $129.00 at Circuit City.
scotty b
Yeah I fudge up and wasn't thikning straight. I forgot teener have that nifty cover plate for the knob radios. Damn I need to get back to werk on my dads car......
stateofidleness
pretty sure they're all "standard" size.
just make sure it's a SINGLE din and not a DOUBLE din spacing and you should be fine.

most aftermarket headunits are SINGLE din and should fit just fine.

what im curious about though is how you wire up a modern headunit to a porsche... seems like mine only has an antenna wire behind it.. am i missing something?
familienauto
When I pulled out the "Masu" el-cheapo cassette player that was in the 914, I found the antenna wire, a power connection (12 V I suppose? I didn't measure), speaker wires, and a ground wire. Not sure what's stock, but that's what was there.
rufio0205
my 914 didnt come with a stereo at all. no radio nothing. no speakers. got speaker covers but no speakers. any ideas on how to wire it. because i have a cunning way to fit my player in. just need to make custom brackets and such

thomas
Dave_Darling
Hook a wire to the fuse panel for +12V. You should be able to find one "switched" power and one "contant" power there. Ground anywhere. Run speaker wires from the speaker locations to the amp or head unit location. Hook up the antenna. That's pretty much all you need, unless you're going with other bits like a power antenna or external amp.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.