Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Motor mount bar/advice on
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
partwerks
Trying to figure out a way to reinstall the 914/6 heat exchangers but will need to get a different motor mount than was previously used with the headers as it won't allow clearance for them. (quick 6 I believe) The motor mount recommeded by patrick motors won't allow clearance for the control valves my mechanic is saying. Things were set up so they would work with the headers but reinstalling heat, I will need to find another method for a motor mount that will allow these to be put back in. (see photos)

Please advise!

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment

John
I think I understand what you are asking.

You want to know of a different style motor mount that will allow use of 914/6 heat exchangers in a conversion car.

Use a Rich Johnson style mount, or maybe a Patrick Motorsports firewall mounted mount. These mounts weld to the lower firewall and utilize a mount that bolts directly to the engine. They support the engine much better than the mount that you are currently using.

I made my own.

Why do you think you need heat? You aren't actually thinking of driving it in the Grand Island winters are you? I've been there in winter and it isn't too much fun.
SGB
Wow John.

Thats just amazing.
sww914
That really looks great. Thanks for sharing the pictures.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.