Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Crow Mountain Hill Climb Sept 29th and 30th
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Brett W
All right for all you southeast people, it time to man up and play with the big boys. Crow Mountain hillclimb is Sept 29th and 30th in Jackson County Alabama. Come run the third annual event. Check out the website for more video and info.

Betcha can't beat me in the Honda. smilie_pokal.gif

www.crowmountainhillclimb.org
grantsfo
Anyone within 500 miles has to do this one! Hill climbs are the best!
Brett W
Its an easy drive, right down Highway 72, Interstate 59, etc. Course maybe there all scared to get beat by some rice.
SGB
Hey Brett!!

I'm goin! Its supposed to be GREAT!

(maybe I can beat you home. I'm a spectator)
drew365
Looks like a blast. I watched the video trailer and found the course map. I didn't see how long the course is or how many feet it climbs? Hillclimbs are a unique form of racing. This looks like a good one, except that it could double as a Miata convention. biggrin.gif
Brett W
I want to say it is close to two miles or so. I was up there last weekend doing some scouting. There will be a bunch of Miatas there, infact a couple of Turbo Miatas run in my class, but I whipped there ass at the last event we did. Killed them both at the Time Trial event at Talledega.

Hey Scott Why don't you volunteer to work. Then you get free food.
SGB
How did you do Brett?
It was a cool event. Not as many unique cars as I hoped to see, but some were pretty unusual. That 2 stroke winged snowmobile based thing comes to mind. I liked the Corvair too. It was well organized. I hope it grows bigger evry year.
grantsfo
QUOTE(SGB @ Oct 1 2007, 08:03 AM) *

How did you do Brett?
It was a cool event. Not as many unique cars as I hoped to see, but some were pretty unusual. That 2 stroke winged snowmobile based thing comes to mind. I liked the Corvair too. It was well organized. I hope it grows bigger evry year.

Any videos?
Brett W
No video for me. I won Street Mod class. Ran a low 1.28. Guess my balls aren't big enough this year. Was going over 100mph on the long off camber sweeper. The car could go faster, but not the driver.

I am looking to take the SM championship this year. I should be able to win at the next event. Roebling Road has new pavement.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.