Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where does this rubber boot go ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
David_S
Been tinkering with my project for the last couple of weeks now, and I finally have paint in the hell hole now. I was digging through my parts boxes and found this boot, and can not find where it came from. My 914 is a 73, and I have looked on my 76 and 72 parts cars and can not find this boot anywhere on them. I may not be looking in the right place. Any help on this one out there ?????
skline
It kind of looks like the one for the alternator. I could be wrong though, it's happened before. confused24.gif
SLITS
Not for the alternator .....
So.Cal.914
I asked an old girlfriend the very same thing once, "Whats this rubber thing for?"

She said " Put it on the longest thing you have." So I put it on my nose.

I don't think it's a wire chase...Save it.
Allan
What are the dimensions?

Hard to tell the size from the picture.
David_S
I guess dimensions would help! Length is 2 1/2" , O.D. is 1 3/4" , I.D. is 1" . The way that it is grooved on the bottom is making me thing that it goes through a panel, but I have yet to find a place for it .....
pfierb
QUOTE(David_S @ Sep 15 2007, 01:59 AM) *

I guess dimensions would help! Length is 2 1/2" , O.D. is 1 3/4" , I.D. is 1" . The way that it is grooved on the bottom is making me thing that it goes through a panel, but I have yet to find a place for it .....

Bicycle handlebar ?
rick 918-S
I don't know where it goes I just wanted to say HEY! wavey.gif assimilate.gif
Dave_Darling
Is the top end a bit triangle shaped or D-shaped? If so, and if it bends more than it looks like from this pic, I would say that it is the alternator cooling boot.

Most of the rubber boots I recall from tearing up my 914 were curved...

--DD
David_S
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Sep 15 2007, 09:14 AM) *

I don't know where it goes I just wanted to say HEY! wavey.gif assimilate.gif

Hey there Rick ....it has been a while !! How are things up north ?
David_S
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Sep 15 2007, 12:57 PM) *

Is the top end a bit triangle shaped or D-shaped? If so, and if it bends more than it looks like from this pic, I would say that it is the alternator cooling boot.

Most of the rubber boots I recall from tearing up my 914 were curved...

--DD

Dave ....it is nearly perfectly round, and straight , just like the pic. I am really starting to think that is doesn't even go to a 914 !!
hwgunner
I hav epulled apart a couple 914's and I do not recognize it. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.