Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: D tronic on a 1.8
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pete914
so,
i thought i got a great deal on a complete injection system for my 1.8. ends up i got a great deal on a fi systems for a 1.7 (yellow injectors)...what a bummer!!!! you think a guy that's "been working on them for years" would know the difference.
anyone want to trade? hahah
anyone put a d tronic on an 1.8L? i'm assuming it's going to run poorly without modification. i'm soooo dissapointed, was really looking forward to doing this
anyway, here some pics...i think i'm missing the air filter? wtf? what are other parts are missing? sorry for the dark pics
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
type47
you know, i've never personally installed a 1.7 djet on a 1.8 but it would be my guess that it wouldn't be as bad as you think. i suspect that as long as all the components are good and there are no vacuum leaks, which would apply to any FI system anyway, that the difference in displacement (1.7 vs 1.8) wouldn't make that much if any difference. i don't know off the top of my head about the differences in compression ratio, but a stock 2.0 and a euro 2.0 have a small ratio difference and they are both the same D-jet system. there is a guy who put an L-jet on a 2.0 but that's all i know about that application.

i await the fallout from the Cap'n-meister.

'course, you could bring the system to the ECC and offer it for sale.. biggrin.gif
Cap'n Krusty
It'll run fine, assuming the components are functional. The intake air boots are NLA, BTW.

The Cap'n
914werke
I didnt see a dizzy? sad.gif
pete914
alright you are going to have to forgive me...but the dizzy...you mean distributor when you guys say this? or am i missing the boat on that completely?
i got the factory manual for the injection system, i figured i would start there. interestingly, i called the guy i bought the system from and he gave me the vin number, it checks out that it's either a 1.8 or 2.0 from '74...
weird? could this be off a 2.0?
vin: 4742919712
i'm going to get him to check the engine number. where is that located anyway?
type47
dizzy=distributor

on cars this old, it's possible that it has had an engine swap.

no connection between VIN and engine displacement. 1.8 engine numbers one a flat surface just to the side of the engine case seam and behind the intake air distributor on the flywheel end. i think 1.7 number there also. 2.0 engine number just in front of oil filler on a flat surface on the fan end of the engine
BMartin914
That is a 1.7 plenum and boot. Those parts look a little worse for wear (rusty). Hope you got a smokin deal on that assortment.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.