Full Version: 1974 914 2.0 gets $24,200 at Christie’s auction
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mid_Engine_914
Hope this isn't a repost...

http://www.sportscarmarket.com/Profiles/20...ptember/German/
MecGen
Hi

Thanx for the link, an interesting article, good read. type.gif

Even though it’s a lovely car in the rare color of Metallic Silver, this result is about twice the going rate for similar cars. We’ll call this one very well sold.

A realy clean 73/74, with all the quirks worked out, will grab 10K and 15K in a dealer's hands with the right buyer... 25K would be awsome, maybe pay for half of what I put in mine... headbang.gif

I just put mine in storage for the next 10 years, maybe I could break even... blink.gif

Later
drunk.gif
So.Cal.914

Although estimated at an aggressive $14,000–$18,000 and offered at no reserve, this pretty 914 made $24,200 at Christie’s auction in Greenwich, CT, on June 3, 2007. The price is well above the going market rate, and would be tough to duplicate.

Still we get no respect... dry.gif
stephenaki
I got the feeling that Mr. Schrager, the author, didn't think much of the 914 at all. He consistently voiced negatives about the car and the positives were written as if he was surprised that they existed. blink.gif

Brent
...the club information is wrong.

914world.com or 914club.com
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.