Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fake Fuchs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hellsbend
how do you tell fake five-lug Fuchs from the real-deal?
okieflyr
On the back side of mine, they say MADE IN JAPAN.

QUOTE(hellsbend @ Sep 14 2007, 08:35 PM) *

how do you tell fake five-lug Fuchs from the real-deal?

bdstone914
They are heavier then shit.
rfuerst911sc
Real Fuchs will have the 911 or 951 part number stamped on them along with the "fox head" logo and a offset stamping.
Cap'n Krusty
Real 4 bolt Fuchs have a 914 part number, and the Porsche triangle logo EMBOSSED (not stamped) on the inside of the spokes. All 5 bolt genuine Porsche wheels are the same way.

The Cap'n
scotty b
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Sep 14 2007, 05:49 PM) *

Not necessarily. I have a set of 3 XENON Fuchs that aren't all that heavy. They also seem to be pretty well made. I wouldn't mind finding the fourth dry.gif
bigkensteele
QUOTE(scotty b @ Sep 14 2007, 05:52 PM) *

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Sep 14 2007, 05:49 PM) *

Not necessarily. I have a set of 3 XENON Fuchs that aren't all that heavy. They also seem to be pretty well made. I wouldn't mind finding the fourth dry.gif

I agree - no necessarily. I bought two fake 7x15s that weigh only slightly more than my real 6x15s, which are the lightest Fuchs ever made at a mere 12 lb, I believe. I have not weighed them, but I just subjected them to the scientific test of picking them up in each hand, and bobbing them up and down. I am guessing the the fakes weigh about 3 lb more.

BTW, the spokes look different - more square than rounded on the large end of the paddles, and the outside lip is more flat than a real Fuch, which has a slight radius to it. As the others have stated, there will be the part number and logo on the inside of a real wheel.
davep
QUOTE(bigkensteele @ Sep 14 2007, 09:03 PM) *

I bought two fake 7x15s that weigh only slightly more than my real 6x15s, which are the lightest Fuchs ever made at a mere 12 lb, I believe.

I'd guess that both the 5.5" and the 4.5" Fuchs would be lighter.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.