Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: sail panel replacement
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
joeav8tor
Hi Guys,
I read eric sheas tech article on the replacement of the sail panel material...after I am on the final trim of the vinyl (after fitting the trim pieces) what can I use to remove the small amount of glue (from the vinyl) that would possibly be on my paint by the bottom holes (after trimming) without damaging my paint.
THANK YOU
JOE
RoninEclipse2G
Lacquer thinner on a rag. wax the hell outta that spot afterwards cause the thinner will remove all wax from the area
Eric_Shea
3M make an adhesive remover. Goof-Off is another good product. Lacquer thinner will work but that can be pretty harsh on the paint.

If you've yet to do it, make sure you run your tape along the holes... this way there won't be any on the paint.

I used Goof Off.
John
I masked the area off so no spray adhesive got on the paint where I didn't want it. For small areas that get some on it anyway, I have used 3M Adhesive remover with excellent results ( I didn't have it take any paint off).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.