Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clutch Cable attachment to the pedel assy
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TINCAN914
I 'm just about done with the installation of the pedel assembly.
However I I can't remember how the clutch cable mounts to the assembly.
I know the calbe attached to the arm coming from the right side of the assembly, but not sure how. At the end of the cable, there is a bracket with a hole in it, and there is a piece with a clip on one end and a pin. I am assuming the pin slides in to the bracket and holds the cable in place, my question is, what is the propper way for that clip to hold the cable to the bracket? what direction does the pin go ing? (facing?)
A picture would help if anyone has one...

Thanks
ejm
The Haynes manual illustration (which is copied from the factory manual) shows the end of the pin pointing towards the drivers side of the car.
RoninEclipse2G
ummm, getting a camera in there to take a pic would be a total beeyotch, if you've got the piece the cable threads into out it should slide onto a pin inside the tunnel at the pedal assembly and there's a clip that slides up from underneath to hold it all in place.
Kirmizi
Brian, I just replaced mine last week and inserted the pin from the passenger side. The clip's pretty stout so the chances of it becoming loose are slim. The best tips I can pass on would be to ensure that you don't have too many threads sticking out inside the clevis (or it won't pivot freely on the pin), make sure the clutch cable's not twisted around the throttle cable and tighten the locknut before buttoning everything back up. Mike
Larry.Hubby
It's supposed to look generally like this:

Click to view attachment

Ignore the black brace on the right, and the fact that this is a 911 clutch shaft, so the clevis is toward the passenger side of the car from the throttle link ball joint instead of below it. The pin/clip goes in from the passenger side and snaps down onto the clevis body to hold it in place.

Larry
TINCAN914
Thank you Larry, I got it figured out before hnd, but I apprecaite the picture! beer.gif

QUOTE(Larry Hubby @ Sep 16 2007, 01:52 AM) *

It's supposed to look generally like this:

Click to view attachment

Ignore the black brace on the right, and the fact that this is a 911 clutch shaft, so the clevis is toward the passenger side of the car from the throttle link ball joint instead of below it. The pin/clip goes in from the passenger side and snaps down onto the clevis body to hold it in place.

Larry

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.