Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WOT: Oakley Juliets
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rusty
I saw a set of Oakley X Metal Juliets today for 275.00. I would love blue lenses, but I can only wear grey/dark green in uniform. (Yet another anal retentive Army rule. pissoff.gif How long till I retire?)

Anyone know what a fair price for the glasses are?
sj914
275.00 is a pretty fair price for them, at least thats what I have seen them go for. I use the gray magnesium switches myself.
StratPlayer
Don't know the going price on those sunglasses,,, might get an idea off of ebay though...

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?q...10&BasicSearch=
Rusty
eBay... duh. I didn't even think about that.

The Plasma Ice (blue) lenses rock. They'd match my /6. aktion035.gif

I'll check tomorrow on base, when I take my son out for his haircut. (Haircuts are a father-son thing, to be followed by ice cream.) Gotta jet - time to put a 7 year old to bed, and read a story.

take care, all,

-Rusty smoke.gif
sj914
Just make sure they are real Oakleys and not Fo-oakleys
Rusty
How would I know???
redshift
Dood, did you get the mail from me about the Cobalt -whatever jackets are called now-? Looks like your color.

$105 including TAX.

Uhh.... can you get me some Unobtainium Mil issue Oaks? they will not sell them to non-gi-Joes.

I wear FMJs with fire lenses, I wish they still made E-Jackets, they do for the military..

M
Rusty
M,

Yeah, we talked about that. They were cool glasses, but I like (and will need) the wrap-around protection for my eyes in the desert. You only get one set of eyes issued per lifetime - so I don't screw around with them. (Especially after the steel sliver in the cornea incident.)

I haven't seen military issue Oakleys... ever. Maybe I'm in uncool-units.

Got a pic? Source? Hell, if I'm eligible to buy them, I'll pick you up a set for cost (plus a beer the next time we hang out.)

-Rusty smoke.gif
sj914
The real Oakleys have a feel to them that the fakes don't have. The fake ones you'll notice when you see them up close, they look good from 20 feet away and they just get worse when you see them up close. Also you'll know when they start breaking easily when you least expect it. You might wanna also check out oakleys combat boots too, they don't look too bad.
Gint
You only get one set of eyes issued per lifetime - so I don't fuck around with them. (Especially after the steel sliver in the cornea incident.)

You know you're livin on the edge when you opthamologist sends you Christmas cards - 3 years in a row.
Rusty
The real Oakleys have a feel to them that the fakes don't have. The fake ones you'll notice when you see them up close, they look good from 20 feet away and they just get worse when you see them up close. Also you'll know when they start breaking easily when you least expect it. You might wanna also check out oakleys combat boots too, they don't look too bad.

The ones I held in my hands sure seemed pretty well made. Strong, balanced, no chincy plastic mold marks, etc.

Combat boots, huh? I have a dozen pair, if not more. I can't justify buying another... mine are already well broken in. smile.gif

Thanks for the tips!!

-Rusty cool.gif
Rusty
You know you're livin on the edge when you opthamologist sends you Christmas cards - 3 years in a row.

I thought my brush with a red/white striped cane was bad. That's scary, dude.
Gint
I should clarify that. I made 2 visits to have a small fragment removed both times. You would think the first one would have taught me a lesson, but I had to do it twice. Now he's hedging his bet by sending me Christmas cards the last 3 years so that the next time, I have his number handy.

BUT, I finally got it through my head. I always were safety glasses now. I have a pair of those industrial grey frame, BC lookin pairs. Love 'em.
Bruce Allert
QUOTE(Lawrence @ Dec 24 2003, 06:50 AM)

I thought my brush with a red/white striped cane was bad. That's scary, dude.

Try wearing a blindfold and have a handle/harness attached to a Guide Dog in your hand while walking on a downtown sidewalk.... faith & trust.
that's a humbling experience. Your eyes never looked so good.

............b
redshift
QUOTE(Gint @ Dec 24 2003, 12:57 AM)

Sheeeeeeeut! You just wait 'til your proctologist starts sending you coupons!

Half-Off Half-Ass!

M
Bruce Allert
FIRE

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...&category=15666
Rusty
I picked up a pair. I bent over, and paid up. The frames are a bit darker than in the picture below.

Damn, they're cool. smile.gif

-Rusty cool_shades.gif
sj914
Those look cool clap56.gif
redshift
Nice looking shades!

smilie_pokal.gif

I forgot mine in Savannah... my sockets are smoking pits... the Sun is like a star, that is way too close to look at.

M
echocanyons
If yer buyin on ebay stay away from this guy.

rlschrimsher@cfl.rr.com

yankeejoe225

My brother just finished a deal with him and the Oakleys that were supposed to be excellent arrived scratched and useless.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.