Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Car is Completed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
azbill
Well folks is has been over four years in the making. The set-backs include Ron Grider's (engine builder) hart problems, shithead’s mess (for those who don't know Stromburg) and last but not least the tunning of the furl injection. a great learning experience. Last but not least my own indecisions of what I wants the end results to be. After all is said and done this has been one of the most gratifying experience I have had.

To the guys that made it possible to climb over all the hills Ron Grider who built the engine and limited my changes along the way. Jake Raby for the guidance and getting me the RIGHT parts like the valve lifter assembly, heads, cam and etc.. Steve at VW Performance here in Phoenix for the machining of the cylinders and balancing job. Mack Freston Emerald Fuel Injection fly into Phoenix from Miami to take care of problems with the ECU and countless hours on the phone. Dave Gallipaeu who did the body, paint and repaired the rust problems.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
KELTY360
Congratulations. Looks great...and fast, yellow fast.

smilie_pokal.gif
roadster fan
Looks like you did a nice job! Congrats on getting it done.

smile.gif
So.Cal.914
Look Good.
rhodyguy
hurray!!!

i didn't know the 'pooper' screwed you too. i don't think it's a very exclusive club.

k
Plaindaner
sweeet! agree.gif I'm getting ready to take my DD down that road... very mixed feelings about cost vs. toy.
Rusty
Wow... congrats! smilie_pokal.gif
BMXerror
Looks great, but what the hell does 'completed' mean? confused24.gif
Mark D.
type47fan
Wow, someone completed a restoration. There is hope for my project!
(Nice rain tray, Bill)

Your car looks great!
azbill
QUOTE(BMXerror @ Sep 16 2007, 10:21 AM) *

Mark D.

It means that I will not be spending money by the bushell basket full any more. Now I'm down to the nickle and dime level. av-943.gif
736conver
beerchug.gif

Looks good
jaminM3
I hope you are bringing this pretty thing to Moab. I would love to see it in person.
drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif
Brando
QUOTE(BMXerror @ Sep 16 2007, 10:21 AM) *

Mark D.

It means all he does now is general maintenance (oil change + valve adjust) and tires. Maybe plugs in 60k miles laugh.gif
azbill
Come to think of it I could have a leather inerterior put in or go nuts a agine a build a 912 Targa with a 2316. I need someone to chair.gif me
orthobiz
Your car looks awesome. But after all that work, you deserve to post BIGGER pics! More, more!!!!

Paul
orthobiz
BTW, I thought I was destined to get a yellow car. But isn't orange yellow+black?
So I do have a yellow car!

Paul
Joe Owensby
Nice job. Thanks for sharing with us.

"what are the hoses going into the top of the carbs? " Do you have the fuel tank venting, and the crankcase venting going there?

Thanks, JoeO
azbill
QUOTE(Joe Owensby @ Sep 16 2007, 06:37 PM) *

Nice job. Thanks for sharing with us.

"what are the hoses going into the top of the carbs? " Do you have the fuel tank venting, and the crankcase venting going there?

Thanks, JoeO

I am running 45mm Jenvey throttle bodies. Yep, the hoses to the tops are venting the fuel tank and crankcase.
woobn8r
Very nice job....are you selling your jackstands?
azbill
QUOTE(woobn8r @ Sep 17 2007, 07:12 AM) *

Very nice job....are you selling your jackstands?

I gave a set to Ron Grider needed the shelf space piratenanner.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.