Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pulled the enigne out of my 74 1.8 today!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JRust
Okay so I pulled my engine today. I have my 76 2.0 motor to put in it. Just need to pull the tranny off the 1.8 & put it on the 2.0. I have allready pulled all the extra smog crap off the engine. Other than backdating to 73 HE (Not SS but oh well). Anything suggestions on things I should do before putting the new motor back in? idea.gif Oh I'll pull the gas tank & replace it with a nicely cleaned out one. I'll install the front sway bar then too!

Other stuff I have done to get it ready. Rebuilt all calipers & added 19mm master cylinder. I took off the gold Empi's in favor of a set of knock off fuchs. The interior is excellent just needs a CD player. It could use a paint job as the stock white is showing it's age. Also the passenger rear quarter has a little ripple to it. This sat in this lady's garage since 1996. I've had it close to a month now. Haven't had a whole lot of time to work on it so progress has been slow. Still the pans are great as are both trunks & the hell hole. Even the stinking battery tray is intact. w00t.gif Any guesses on when it will be back on the road? driving.gif

914werke
Youve been busy!
Git er done!
Brando
Stainless fuel lines from Racer Chris.
So.Cal.914
Stainless fuel lines from anyone would be a good idea.
JRust
That is a good idea. Is racerchris in the vendor section? What do they run? thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.