Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CA DMV issues--Help? Issue solved?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
michaelt55
Ok, I purchased my 914 from a California who had purchased his car originally from Canada. He brought it in via an agent and went thru DMV right before I purchased it. They gave him tags and a registration. I purchased the car over 6 months ago and have yet to receive the title?!?!!? DMV answer is.."this takes time". They lost the paper work 2 months ago, now tell me I will get the title in 2 weeks? The PO and I have both complained to the DMV, state legislator, etc...no help. Anyone know anyone we can take it up the ladder to? I had the VIN researched and its legit via the Texas DPS. This is getting old...can't drive it legally, have insurance and its sitting in my garage...

Ideas anyone?

Michael
jimtab
Can you speak Tagalog? It's a big plus in the SF area.... biggrin.gif
PRS914-6
My wife works at DMV headquarters for one of the big bosses. I'll see if she is willing to give you one of the big dogs phone #. If she's willing, I'll pm it to you tomorrow....
bdstone914
You should post that number for all to see. Im sure there would be a few million people who would like to use that number. Ha. DMV.... talk about a pain in the ass. I actually had one lady there try to argue with me that she could not except the form because the vin number for the 914 was to short.
Grelber
Michael: Have you just tried to get it registered here in Texas with a bill of sale? I did that once, and got it done.
race914
I've experienced DMV delays several times. My plate renewal sticker didn't show up form my 911 so I kept the smog cert & renewal paperwork with me and drove it anyway. Got stopped once, showed the CHP my paperwork, they called in and confirmed I did renew and let me go.
michaelt55
I would appreciate that Paul...and Ron, I had to have the Texas DPS do the VIN because California lost the form. They were definately confused over the VIn length and where to find it. They especially were perplexed over the trunk stamp with the build date....

Lets say, I have gone on late night "seek and destroy" runs because I could not stand to let it sit and not be driven. If I got stopped, I had the California plates, registration and the bill of sale. Have insurance too...
Michael

QUOTE(PRS914-6 @ Sep 16 2007, 09:58 AM) *

My wife works at DMV headquarters for one of the big bosses. I'll see if she is willing to give you one of the big dogs phone #. If she's willing, I'll pm it to you tomorrow....
Grelber
If you get pulled over, just watch the date on the bill of sale. You only have 90 days to get it registered, and they'll ticket you for that. (ask me how I know). sad.gif
michaelt55
the problem may be solved as I received word from my seller that the title is in his hands. I should have it by tuesday so i should be legal no later than Thursday since I have purchased insurance and tags...Fix a few bugs and get it inspected. Fix a leaky over flow tank, get horn working, fix the hand brake and I should be good.
Then I just get Dr Evil to build me a side shifter with the right ratios....
With luck everything may be done by next week!!!!! piratenanner.gif beer3.gif

driving.gif

Michael
ConeDodger
QUOTE(jimtab @ Sep 16 2007, 07:49 AM) *

Hindi. But the gal in the corner can. biggrin.gif
michaelt55
My wife can...speak tagalog that is...
Is she filipina?

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Sep 30 2007, 11:37 AM) *

QUOTE(jimtab @ Sep 16 2007, 07:49 AM) *

Hindi. But the gal in the corner can. biggrin.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.