Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gonna be in Atlanta 9-22, 9-23
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DNHunt
Anybody want to meet for drinks and food, I'd love to meet some right coasters and see some local cars. Saturday 9-22 I'm planning to visit AA and Sunday I think I'll hike in Kennesaw Mountain unless there are some better offers.

Dave
craig downs
You lucky dog going to aircooled heaven aren't you.
904svo
QUOTE(DNHunt @ Sep 16 2007, 07:47 AM) *

Anybody want to meet for drinks and food, I'd love to meet some right coasters and see some local cars. Saturday 9-22 I'm planning to visit AA and Sunday I think I'll hike in Kennesaw Mountain unless there are some better offers.

Dave

Are you flying in or driving?
I'm trying to get some people together.

Al Meredith
I'm in; would love to get together. Larry I have some email addresses, and I think les (blitz) has some. AL
BIGKAT_83
I'm in for anytime Saturday. Let's meet at AA and go from there??
ConeDodger
QUOTE(DNHunt @ Sep 16 2007, 08:47 AM) *

Dave

Dave,
You need to see George and the 914 shrine... Take lots of Aircooled Heaven Pictures... I am loving driving mine.
blitZ
I'll try and make it.
Jake Raby
Dave has a unique situation that has plagued him for about 4 freakin years now. We'll get to the bottom of the issue next week while he is here.

It'll be fun seeing if he can keep up with me.... :-)

Not many people get to visit my facility, we prefer to stay hled up behind closed doors to get work done....
DNHunt
Jake I doubt I can keep up but I can work pretty darn hard. The only problem is my best time is early mornig. I'm counting on the time change to level the playing field. By the way, I'm so exited I'm having problems sleeping and I'm driving the wife nuts.

I already talked to AA and so they expect me Sat. I'm flying in late Friday, but I do have a rental car and I can usually find my way around. I'm staying down at the Best Western just east of the airport.

Dave
dr914@autoatlanta.com
I will do Kennesaw with you Dave! Also if you arrive on Friday we could do the river course and then go to the bar.

QUOTE(DNHunt @ Sep 16 2007, 08:47 AM) *

Dave

DNHunt
Hi George

I'm in at about 10 PM Friday night and I need to pick up the rental car and check in so Friday I'l just hit thr rack. Saturday I'm coming your way so if you are around we can talk about Sunday.

Dave
Al Meredith
Hey Guys, I know it's not near AA or the airport BUT , The Andretti Speed Zone might be a good place to meet. New resteraunt .
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Al Meredith @ Sep 17 2007, 03:50 PM) *

Hey Guys, I know it's not near AA or the airport BUT , The Andretti Speed Zone might be a good place to meet. New resteraunt .

I think that burgers on the grill and beer here for the afternoon would be appropriate. Al you can cook
Al Meredith
Hey George, Thats OK with me . I cooked at several restaurants while in College. Manager a restaurant in Boston when I got out of the Navy and owned Aunt Charlies Bar in Buckhead back in 1973. I've long since gotten this out of my system. I still love to cook , lucky wife.
DNHunt
Man, this is great guys. I can't wait to get down there. I'm really looking forward to meeting people I only know online. Also I can't wait to see George's collection.

Dave
Two914s
I would love to meet up with y'all.

Does Dave want to borrow a car rather than rent one for the weekend? What are internet friends for? You could take the subway (MARTA) to where I can pick you up very near to my house, and then drive one of my air cooled vehicles for Sat and Sunday.

I strongly suggest Williamson Brother's BBQ on Saturday for lunch or for a meeting place. It is very near AA and Kennesaw Mountain. Very very good local food.

http://realpagessites.com/williamsonbros/

We need to nail down some TIMES and places to meet.

Two914s
I recommend Williamson Brothers, but I wont refuse a burger at AA!

Also, Young's Choppers and Hot Rods is very near AA. I am not sure they are open on Saturday, but their bikes are worth seeing!

http://www.youngchoppers.com/

Click to view attachment
Al Meredith
I forgot about Williams Bros BBQ...leave it to Sterling to know all the good places to eat. Sterling, you could loan him your rair job for the day Al
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Al Meredith @ Sep 17 2007, 07:15 PM) *

Hey George, Thats OK with me . I cooked at several restaurants while in College. Manager a restaurant in Boston when I got out of the Navy and owned Aunt Charlies Bar in Buckhead back in 1973. I've long since gotten this out of my system. I still love to cook , lucky wife.

We know Chef Meredith. That is why I recommended it! Williams Brothers would never be as good as your fare! (Their quality has depreciated in the last couple of years anyway!) Who wants to eat and look at a bunch of fat people when we could be eating and looking at 914s? Al we have a gas grille here for you.
Tom
Dave,
Know you will be having a great time. Bring back some knowledge for us.
While you are there , see if you can get a few of the new catalogues. I registered, but I'm still waiting.
Have a blast,
Tom
Jake Raby
Does Dave want to borrow a car rather than rent one for the weekend? What are internet friends for? You could take the subway (MARTA) to where I can pick you up very near to my house, and then drive one of my air cooled vehicles for Sat and Sunday.

Dave needs to borrow a car all week, one without a radiator....
else he'll have to park at the bottom of my mountain and walk the grade to and from the shop :-)
DNHunt
Rental car is all paid for. Guess I'm walking up the hill. It'll do me some good. Thanks for the kind offer of the loaner though. I got a day of doing laundry and packing today.

Dave
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Tom @ Sep 18 2007, 07:12 PM) *

Dave,
Know you will be having a great time. Bring back some knowledge for us.
While you are there , see if you can get a few of the new catalogues. I registered, but I'm still waiting.
Have a blast,
Tom

We are almost finished! I am going to soon post a pdf for everyone to look at and comment on.
obscurity
I may have missed it but what time are people getting together at AA?

John
Jake Raby
I would join you guys but I have 4 more trees in my front yard to saw/ split this weekend. Have fun!
DNHunt
I kind of thought I'd Try to get to Automobile Atlanta around 11 AM or so. I'm open to suggestions but, I need to get some shopping for the kids done on the way. I have to come home with loot or (well you dad's know).

Dave

Two914s
I am hosting a big car-oriented party on Friday night near Decatur if anyone wants to come. The party will last until at least midnight and is not far from the airport, so ..... Dave ?? Wanna meet the Atlanta hot rod and collector car scene?

anyone else?
rhodyguy
oh, if george is willing to send back a handful of new catalogs with you, i'd like to have one. pdf files NEVER work for me. it'll save the postage on his end. might even persuade me to start buying again. have fun dave.

k
D1A3
I'm tentative for Saturday at AA. Since 9/11, we always celebrate my anniversary on a Satruday after the 11th, this year on the 22nd... Hopefully my wife will be up for stopping by!!!!!

chowtime.gif

Not to mention, thsi woudl be good for me as maybe one of you will have some ideas on this chronic FI issue I have been having. headbang.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.