Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bullet proof spray
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
alpha434
Well. I need it for my buddy's new car design. The guy is a professional designer and is self taught. He's the one asking for it.

Meanwhile, I've seen a news clip back in 2000 or so in regards to this spray-on bulletproof coating. It's clear. The product was applied to the windshield of a suburban. Then, after it cured, a guy took a 20 gauge shotgun and proceeded to shoot the windshield until he was out of ammo from maybe 15 feet away.

Anyway. I also need information about it. I'm hoping that someone here knows more than me. And can describe the material better. I.E. chemical makeup and info about application and curing.

This is the same project that's going to get the RAM paint.

Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks.

blink.gif
VaccaRabite
20 gauge shotgun loaded with what?

Birdshot gets deflected by leaves. Also, if it was not a straight on shot, any light loads will deflect.

There are commercially bought shotgun rounds loaded so light they won't cycle and autoloader, or penetrate a single layer of drywall.

For me to be impressed by the shotgun test, I would need to know more info.

I have never heard of "bulletproof" paint.

What is the application going to be?

Zach

Rusty
This stuff might exist... but if it did, I think that we'd be using it for additional protection in Iraq.

confused24.gif
balljoint
What SPF would that be? smile.gif

I have seen thin clear plastic films which adhere to glass (3M? Dupont?) But they just helped the glass to stay together in security applications. I would bet the term bullet resistant is more appropriate too.
Mark Henry
They have a forum for everything:

http://www.bulletproofglassforums.com/
alpha434
The closest that I've came to finding the product is another video on youtube, where it shows the material being applied to ceramic armor plating for personal protection.

Thanks for your help so far.
brer
sounds suspicious to me.
happy11.gif
sww914
BS.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.