Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 7" Fuchs on the rear?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mikeyboy_85
Hey guys just saw some 6" and 7"inch polished fuchs on ebay and was thinking about geting them, was just wondering if they fit on the rears with no clearance issues and what tires would be best??

cheers michael
Mueller
bone stock body in the rear + 7" Fuchs = not a good fit smile.gif

The tires will hit the fender, mostly on the aft portion of the fender opening.

You can pull the fender to get it to work...a 205 width tire would be easier...some people claim to have no problems with a 7" wide 23mm offset rim on the rear, but I am not one

I was just in Bondi last week, nice place, drove up to the Blue Mountains as well...fun drive MDB2.gif
DanT
225s on 7s and yes the fender lips were rolled and the fenders were pulled biggrin.gif
BMXerror
Small hijack as this is a subject that I'm very interested in... Are all 7" Fuchs created equal in terms of back spacing, or do you need to find out what you're getting? Hijack over as soon as someone answers my question.
Mark D.
effutuo101
I am probably wrong, but I think the rims are all about the same, i thought it was something about the body. But again, I don't know.
jaminM3
QUOTE(Mueller @ Sep 17 2007, 06:10 PM) *

You can pull the fender to get it to work...a 205 width tire would be easier...some people claim to have no problems with a 7" wide 23mm offset rim on the rear

If you do a search I think you will find that it has to have the 23mm offset and pull and roll the fender lip...

thumb3d.gif
Aaron Cox
you can go a bit more backspacing..... (making the wheel sit further inboard)
so choose a wheel with MORE backspacing and you can gain a few extra mm of clearance by tucking it further inboard......

joe sharp used 7" boxster wheels under STOCK fenders all around....
Mueller
QUOTE(BMXerror @ Sep 17 2007, 08:24 PM) *

Small hijack as this is a subject that I'm very interested in... Are all 7" Fuchs created equal in terms of back spacing, or do you need to find out what you're getting? Hijack over as soon as someone answers my question.
Mark D.

there is a super rare 15x7 Fuchs that has a 49mm offset which allows it to tuck under the fender without the same issues as the 23mm version....expect to pay about $1500 each if and when you find them smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.