Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: adjustable pushrod
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
toon1
I'm looking to possily making one. Any pics.?

Or, does someone have one I can borrow?

Thank's,. Keith
race914
QUOTE(toon1 @ Sep 17 2007, 11:47 AM) *

I'm looking to possily making one. Any pics.?

Or, does someone have one I can borrow?

Thank's,. Keith

Here's a pic from SCAT

http://www.scatvw.com/PushRodTubes.htm#PUSHROD MEASURING TOOL://http://www.scatvw.com/PushRodTubes.... MEASURING TOOL

See the bottom of the page
Joe Ricard
Made mine out of an old Type 1 rod I had laying in a tool box. used a bolt with the head cut off. tapped each end of the rod once I cut out a section.

Seems to work OK but I bet a spare Manton rod would be perfect.
toon1
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Sep 17 2007, 01:45 PM) *

Made mine out of an old Type 1 rod I had laying in a tool box. used a bolt with the head cut off. tapped each end of the rod once I cut out a section.

Seems to work OK but I bet a spare Manton rod would be perfect.

Thank's guy's, Joe I was thinking of doing the same.

What about a piece of all thread with a long nut in the middle?
Joe Ricard
I guess, Basically I used thread locker on the head side. and only turn the rod to adjust on the case side with a nut to jamb it from moving while I roll the engine through it's range of motion.
brer
umm, rolling the engine with an incorrect legnth pushrod might not be a good idea. Maybe wait till you've got it nearly there huh?

The way I was shown you lock the flywheel at half lift and work only with the rocker shims and pushrod. Too each their own though.

beerchug.gif
Jake Raby
YOU MUST have an adjustable pushrod with the EXACT SAMD ball radius as the pushrods that will be used in the engine- else its a total waste of time t do the geometry process.

The only pushrods we offer are Manton, thats why we only use Manton pushrods to make our adjustable units from.

The units from Scat are aluminum and they deflect horribly, especially with heavy duty springs and they should be avoided by those that want accurate dimensions.
toon1
QUOTE(brer @ Sep 17 2007, 04:50 PM) *

umm, rolling the engine with an incorrect legnth pushrod might not be a good idea. Maybe wait till you've got it nearly there huh?

The way I was shown you lock the flywheel at half lift and work only with the rocker shims and pushrod. Too each their own though.

beerchug.gif

I don't quite understand what you mean.

I have read the rocker geo article that Jake wrote and it seems straight fwd. ( in my head anyway..... LOL).

Jake , thanks for pointing out about the p/r ends. I have a set of p/r's from the order I placed with you. I will make something so I can adapt the end to it.

Thank's, Keith

Jake Raby
I cover the issue that I point out earlier in this thread in my article, if you didn't catch it I'd re-read the article!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.