Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Car's running, made debut at ECC
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rick L
At least it's running! It ran fine to the ECC yesterday, but started acting up during the fun run. It sputters and farts and jerks right in the middle of the power band. It idles ok, but between 3K and 4.5K it starts fussing. Here's what I've been able to discern so far:
While driving - It's worst when maintaining speed, absent when you let off, and noticeable with acceleration.
-Range - 3000 - 4500 RPM's but noticeable at all revs.
-Temp is not a factor.
-All injectors are tight and functioning.
-Dwell is right on (48)
-Points, timing are right (brand new, yesterday)
-All grounds appear tight
-Vacuum lines are new and tight

And to add to the fun, it won't let me into 4th gear! I know that the clutch needs adjusting, but WTF.gif 1st gear has always been hinky and 2nd gear tries desperately to mesh with reverse, but I've never had issues with the uppers.

I'm going to climb underneath today and check linkages and adjust the clutch. Anything else I should look for? Dr. Evil....I'm looking in your direction!?

Hey did I mention that the ECC was PHENOMENAL!!!...I'm not biased either! chowtime.gif smilie_pokal.gif
jimkelly
bad throttle position sensor - maybe ??

jim

looking forward to ecc2008 : )
Rick L
confused24.gif

That's a new one on me. I'll have to look it up.

I did notice that the idle smooths out when I unhook what I think is the decel valve, but it doesn't fix the problem. And, true to it's function, it tends to stall on decel!

I'll keep plugging,
smash.gif
BahnBrenner914
Read through my links in my signature. I had a throttle issue due to dirty, rusty fuel in the tank, sounds like my fuel supply issue. As for the 4th gear, you might have the same problem as me, I could get 5th easy but 4th wouldnt engage.
Rick L
QUOTE(BahnBrenner914 @ Sep 17 2007, 10:17 PM) *

Read through my links in my signature. I had a throttle issue due to dirty, rusty fuel in the tank, sounds like my fuel supply issue. As for the 4th gear, you might have the same problem as me, I could get 5th easy but 4th wouldnt engage.

Thanx for the response! My tank is clean, but used to look like yours! I may just have bad gas (insert joke here!)

I'm gong to adjust the clutch and hope that's it, 'cuase your tranny thread looked miserable! biggrin.gif
por73914
I am having the excact same problem...this may help alittle?

http://members.rennlist.com/pbanders/DJetParts.htm

beerchug.gif
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

Paul Anders disertation on the D-Jet is the best I have ever incountered.

My advise is To read in cover to cover, then Read it cover to cover Again.

Then Print off every single page, use it as your main diagnostic tool. I can not

think of a problem with the D-Jet that is not covered in that article. That is If it,s a

Fuel injection problem,i don,t think we have astablished that tho. Right?
My 2 cents worth Dave slap.gif
Rick L
I haven't been able to determine that yet, but I wouldn't be surprised! Will his DJet stuff apply to my LJet? I'm sure the principles are basically the same but will the numbers match?
Dr Evil
Click my sig line to see what to check in your tranny issue, then get back to me biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.