Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What the hell is the deal with the EvilWerks shirts?!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Dr Evil
So I have been playing tag with the dude making the shirts. I was concerned because the black ones had a few that were not perfect. Many that have seen them said that I am being too picky, but I thought that I could get them redone so they would be all the same. This idea was dashed recently by the news that the guy needs me to pick up the rest of the order (at his convenience, not his business hours) soon as he is closing down the shop (sonofabitch!).

So, I am in a bind, sort of. I need to find out which of you dont care if you get a less than perfect shirt, or who would take one with a little bit of a refund.

I have yet to have time off before 4pm when he has been closing (was 6pm) so that I can get the white, gray and red shirts. I am hoping to have them by Wed when I work a half day.

I will post all of the sizes and styles of shirts that are less then perfect, and pics too if such is desired, but the imperfections may be hard to take pics of as they are mild on most.

I, of course, will refund anyone who wants to opt out and will sell their shirt on to the next guy since I have gotten a lot of interest.

I am sorry that this has happened, I swear that I had no control or idea that this was going to be how things are. dry.gif
Grelber
Send me what you've got. No refund needed. biggrin.gif
SGB
That sux. I'm still payin' full price iffn an extry shows up. Jus lemme know.
Gint
Doesn't matter to me Mike. Send me whatchya got.
jimtab
Mike...you've seen my car ....whadda you think... av-943.gif
shoguneagle
Although I did not order any, I will take a couple if you need a new outlet. They can be less than perfect and sized extra large. Hope this helps.

Steve Hurt
KELTY360
Why not charge more because they're one of a kind? Works with coins.

shades.gif
JRust
Just give me my dam shirts! I've been wearing these wings for to long
happy11.gif . Dude whatever you got is fine happy11.gif ready for my horns
SLITS
I need shop shirts .... biggrin.gif ..... bring 'em on!

Keep the money......
markb
Me, too. I'll take 'em as-is. No refund.
Kirmizi
No worries Doc, send'em when ya get'em. Mike
Foster
agree.gif With all the above.
Keep the cash, send the stash. smoke.gif
Toast
These are great shirts, just send them to the peeps waiting Evil!! poke.gif

Just and advisory guys,

DON'T DRY THE SHRITS IN THE DRYER. THEY SHRINK!
Which isn't necessiarily a bad thing. wink.gif
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

Mike: I'm with Foster and the rest, Send the stash, keep the cash!

Wait a minute, does my last statement make me poetic ?????????? happy11.gif Dave laugh.gif slap.gif
Jax914
Have the white ones been shipped? Everything ok with them?
Dr Evil
You guys are awesome!

I hope to get the white, grey and red ones in my hands in the next couple of days. I expect them to be OK. The "bad" ones are not that bad, I am just a stickler smile.gif

I cant believe that they shrink, that is not supposed to have happened. I dont use a dryer for mine as they last longer that way so I didnt know. sad.gif
blitZ
Just send me what ya got, Doc. No refund here, really don't sweat the little stuff.

The unique shirts will just be extra evil. happy11.gif
Snafu
No refund necessary.. I'm sure I'll like it just like it is...
1bad914
Send away...I want my shirts!!! I must have them!! smile.gif
smontanaro
Just get out yer Sharpie and autograph the "seconds". They will instantly be worth
more than the good ones.

Skip
zymurgist
QUOTE(Toast @ Sep 18 2007, 04:42 AM) *

DON'T DRY THE SHRITS IN THE DRYER. THEY SHRINK!
Which isn't necessiarily a bad thing. wink.gif

If you saw me wearing a shrunken shirt, you'd never say that!
Toast
laugh.gif

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Sep 18 2007, 06:10 AM) *

I cant believe that they shrink, that is not supposed to have happened. I dont use a dryer for mine as they last longer that way so I didnt know. sad.gif

Yea, I don't use the dryer with my decaled shirts either (that's why my 80's rock shirts still look new! aktion035.gif ).
But this was one of those "oopsies".

Just wanted to let others know though. If you get a shirt size that just barley fits, you definatly don't want it to shrink.

These shirts are way to bitchen to wear only once! smilie_pokal.gif
rigglet
agree.gif with what everyone above has said. Send me what ya got. Whatever "issues" you see....I will never notice. biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
I didn't order one but if I did you could send one of the "seconds"... All you would need to do for me is write my ex-wife a prescription for Succinylcholine 1 - 1.5mg/Kg IVP. That should do it...

And you thought you were an evil doctor!!! happy11.gif
drewvw

I'm cool with whatever you got evil, props for following through on a cool shirt idea.
skline
I know I must have ordered at least a couple of these, saw Toasty wearing hers and was wondering where mine were? Send what you got buddy, I am not as picky as you are and will only wear them where 8 or 9 hundred million people will see it. smile.gif
dlo914
Yo mikey, got a pic of the gray or black ones? I'd like one!
scottb
no worries mike. i will take whatever arrives on the doorstep.

i do like the sharpie idea..... instant collectors item!!

cheers,

scott
Dr Evil
I have no extras, perhaps in the future biggrin.gif

Are you guys serious about the autograph? I'll do it, just let me know where you want it and which ones of ya'll want it. So far, though, my black shirts are the only ones I have that are problemed (others to be determined) and would not show a sharpie well.
blitZ
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Sep 19 2007, 09:13 AM) *

Are you guys serious about the autograph?

ummm, no
smontanaro
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Sep 19 2007, 08:13 AM) *
Are you guys serious about the autograph?

I wasn't. I guess we need a :tongue-in-cheek: smiley.

Fast forward: Antiques Roadshow, 2050:

We have here a fascinating example of early 20th Century t-shirt folk art, an EvilWerks shirt from the transmission guru himself, Dr. Evil. This particular shirt shows some of the quality control problems typical with the early black shirts. At the time it was thought to be a problem, however Dr. Evil autographed all those shirts on the transfer, making them particularly desirable for 914 memorabilia collectors. The shirts printed in other colors, which weren't autographed, are not nearly as valuable.

The shirt does have some grease marks and the artwork looks a little faded from too much washing in the crude washing machines of the period (nano-cleaning technology hadn't been invented yet) and you can see a couple tears on the arm, probably from the original owner snagging it on a jack stand while working on his 914. (This happened to many of the early shirts because most of the owners were EvilWerks transmission rebuild customers.) I don't think those problems will affect the value of the shirt too much though. For about $5000 you can have the shirt nano-restored, not much more than a month's worth of Starbucks coffee. It's virtually indistinguishable from a new shirt, though you'd lose the jack stand style.

Have you ever had this shirt appraised? No? Well, One this nice hasn't come through my shop in at least a decade. I anticipate that this shirt, with its Dr. Evil autograph would probably fetch between $900,000 and $950,000 at auction. If nano-restored I would raise that estimate to closer to $957,000.

Thanks for bring such a nice example of period artwork to the Roadshow. It really made my day.

Skip
Toast
Someone has spent WAYYYYY to much time on Ebay.

laugh.gif
warrenoliver
Mike,

Some things you just can't control. You will get used to this kind of a SNAFU once you have worked in medicine for a while!

Send me what you got.

Warrenoliver
Snafu
Someone say SNAFU? biggrin.gif
scottb
sign all of my shirts just below the evil-werks insignia.....

my kids would get a kick out if it. they still ask about you and noel.... biggrin.gif

cheers,

scott
ws91420
So Scott you out of the DC area and back in MA now
Dr Evil
Grrr, the guy is still unavailable mad.gif Such crappy customer service. His website is www.purplebuffalo.com and it doenst mention that he is closing shop. His voice mail is full, he said he would call me when he gets a moment. What a PITA.
scottb
QUOTE(ws91420 @ Sep 19 2007, 09:31 PM) *

So Scott you out of the DC area and back in MA now

yep, left md to get back to ma about a year ago..... work thing required the move.....would have been great to get to the festivities at matts house in fred-neck last weekend but had to be in chicago for a meeting last weekend......DOH!!!!
Dr Evil
OK, I got the shirts....FINALLY! He calls me at 5:30 asking me if I want the shirts. I say, "Yes! Hell yes! Then he says I need to get there soon so I beat feet and get there by 5:55. I sure hope they are all there dry.gif I got bent over on this one as he closed his shop. Not cool. I will be packaging them up and shipping starting tomorrow! biggrin.gif
Dr Evil
OF COURSE the jackass screwed up the order mad.gif headbang.gif

He ordered NO XS size anything and too few of the XXL Wht shirts. I am going to have to do another run in the future at the more reputable place down the street so I can get the sizes promised. Until then I will have to refund some people, and I will have some shirts left it seems as there are too many of some sizes and too few of others mad.gif
Dr Evil
31 orders shipped today!
DerekKim
Woo hoo! I can't wait to sport my advertisement!
Snafu
pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif
Grelber
Got mine today, and they ae MOST EXCELLENT! Thanks!
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

Mike:

I got mine today, Kick Ass Shirt, already instructed my wife on the care and cleaning of a Evil Werks shirt. I am thinking about wearing it to a church festival this week end. We have a retired Priest living 4 houses down the street.
He all ready thinks I'm the crazy guy with the funny car. Wonder what he will think of the shirt, very straight laced, A Barry Fitsgerald type with out the Irish
accent. Dave slap.gif
rhodyguy
got mine 10 minutes ago. WOW!! the white XL is like...GIANT!!!! very cool. i bought 2, so i'll do one in hot to wash, hot to dry, and see how it works out. neat logo. i like the understated front and the rascal on the back.

k
DerekKim
I just got my shirts in. I love em. I'm wearing my 3/4 length baseball T right now. I'll post pictures later. My batteries are dead and I have to recharge them.
Dr Evil
Kev, I was shorted some XLs, too. dry.gif I may have a few large black ones left after I fill the orders. I am very happy that ya'll like them.

I will be making another run int he future so that those who got screwed along with me on this deal can order and actually get one.
rhodyguy
i'll report back after the H&H and post the findings on the shrinkage. a 2XL would have been way too much i think. no complaints on my end as to the quality of the finished product.

k
blitZ
Looks good, Doc. thumb3d.gif
Just in time, I'll be sporting one at Road Atlanta next weekend.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.