Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HELP
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

I have been off work the last week with back surgery,Hayes Manual and others are at work. My son is going to install my brand New Bursch Exhaust system for me. I need the torque setting for the connection Between the system and the Heat Exchangers. Thanks in advance Dave slap.gif
type47
between the ends of the heat exchangers and the muffler? doesn't seem like a critical torque value to me ('course i've been wrong many times before, just ask the Cap'n dry.gif ). torque on heat exchanger to head is 18 ft lbs so that would seem like an acceptable value for HE->muffler. bolts are probably 8mm? Cap'n said somewhere that 8mm typical torque is 20ish ft lb.
Zimms
Hey Dave,

Hopefully the surgery went well?

Mark
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

Thanks Mark for inquireing. To day is the first since last WEd. and a yr. before

that. NO DOPE, it feels great to be off that. Still a little post Opp. Pain nothing

like before. I am going to try to go to work Tommrow, will have some Vicodin

with me ,( just in case). Modern medicine really is great. I would have bet that

i wouldn't be feeling this good by Thanksgiving.

ATTENTION Dr. EVIL, happy11.gif slap.gif wub.gif Give concideration to Orthopedics Surgery!!!!!

Dave biggrin.gif
orthobiz
Ortho is the way to go!
The best tools, stainless steel,
titanium, cobalt chrome AND
someone else cleans up!

Before I did ortho, I was always happiest
working on my cars.

Best of luck with your back!

Paul
Zimms
Thats good to hear, Dave. I used to work for a company that made a few of the components for Kyphon's delivery systems. Pretty neat stuff.

Mark
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

OK ,report on today, I went in at 10:00 A.M. left at 6:00 P.M. NO Dope all day!!!!

16 coustomers, just cuts ,easy, ,sat down for 1/2 hr for lunch, felt realy good when

I got home. My son installed the new bursh exhaust system for me today. We

took the 914 for 1/ 2 hr ride. I never felt a single bump, pre opp. i wasn,t unusual

to wince at a few. The people who invented the Kypon's procidure are amazing
people to me. Dave
Zimms
That's good to hear. I have a 914 running now, so once I get it tuned up, I am planning to be at any fall gatherings in a 914 instead of a Pontiac.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.