Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brake Upgrade....?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
quadracerx
Hey Guys...

What is the best Brake Upgrade? 944 Brembo's? Boxster Calipers? I would like a complete solution for both front and rear....I saw posted somewhere that one of you guys makes a Boxster Brembo Rear Setup....but cant find it...or the cost? But what about the front?

Do I have to change to 911 Front Suspension to do a front brake upgrade?

HELP>>>>

Steve
mudfoot76
QUOTE(quadracerx @ Sep 18 2007, 11:30 AM) *

What is the best Brake Upgrade?

As others will no doubt agree - your first step is to make sure that your stock system is actually functioning properly. Then secondly, the suggestion is use the search function and review the eleventythousand previous threads that ask the same question. (EDIT - here is one on page one of the garage that started last week)

Here is a quick summary though beer.gif

1. If your stock works fine - what are you doing that you need more brake? Most "upgrades" mean you only need a better brake pad, or possibly swap out the 17mm master cyl with a 19mm one.

2. Some people will suggest putting on SS brake lines. Others will say this is dangerous and do not. YMMV.

3. If you are going to swap out to a 5 lug suspension, then the sky and your bank account are pretty much the limit. If you are sticking with 4 lug your options are less (again, try the search function)

That should get you started
rhodyguy
the stock setup, in good working order should meet your needs just fine steve. locally, Southside Brake and Clutch can provide you with new rotors. don't forget bearings and to order the correct front rotors to work with your wheels. i suggest you buy calipers and pads from eric shea.

k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.