Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Little car... Big tires...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
jhadler
A friend of mine got his BMW 2002 up on two last weekend. Pretty impressive.

And I think we might start seeing more of this with the new monster Hoosier tires that came out. (275/35-15).

And no, it's not a suspension problem, this car is incredibly well setup, and is a favorite to win Nationals in FSP this year.

Video linky

Great car. And it's classed in FSP? Where the 914 has to duke it out in DSP? There is no justice in the world... But it's a great car nonetheless...

Gotta love that 30+ year old cars can still have the potential to win big at Nationals! :-)

-Josh2
kart54
Great video and really great looking car. I always liked the 2002's and they still run like crazy.
Randy
Joe Ricard
I've been following a few threads on SCCA Forums about the Street prepared and street mod crowd running thos 275/35-15 tires. Makes me want to at least give them a try.

Let me get my roll bar installed 1st. I am sure I will be twisting the crap out of my car with that much turn in response and grip.
grantsfo
We had a 2002 with similar setup that did same thing here in SFR region a couple weeks ago. Closest I have seen a car to going all the way over. He had to give up corner to recover.
jhadler
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Sep 18 2007, 12:02 PM) *

I've been following a few threads on SCCA Forums about the Street prepared and street mod crowd running thos 275/35-15 tires. Makes me want to at least give them a try.

Yeah, me too. I've got wheels that can grow (3pc 15's), but I'd have to break out the sawzall as well. And while flares have always been in the future for this car, they're not in my financial future right now.

Let me get my roll bar installed 1st. I am sure I will be twisting the crap out of my car with that much turn in response and grip.

I'd be more worried about tearing out suspension pickup points, I've seen it happen on newer and stronger cars than ours. And a roll bar ain't gonna do nuthin' 'bout that. Well, a semi-tube car would do it, but that's not legal outside of the full Mod classes in SCCA autox.

-Josh2
Joe Ricard
I got a guy making a spiffy set of tubes for my car. I read them rules as it will be legal.
Also going to do sumpin for the rear pick up points.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.