Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone know a Porsche mechanic in the Portland area?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BGFalcon
There is a 914 for sale that I would like someone to take a look at. A pre-buy inspection.
Coy
There's a small place called something Like "German Auto House" or something like that on Lumbard near St. Johns, west of the Fred Meyers on Lumbard. I have the card in my car, but I can't get to it until this evening. I'll get you a phone number then.
p914
There's A&P. I think they are on SE 82nd.
Is it the 76 2.0 liter? I know that car and can answer questions.

QUOTE(BGFalcon @ Sep 18 2007, 10:15 PM) *

There is a 914 for sale that I would like someone to take a look at. A pre-buy inspection.

cassidy_bolger

I have been going to Alan at A&P Specialties for the last year and a half. He knows the 914 and deals straight. More than once he has taken my car home to tinker with something odd going on but he doesn't bill the crap out of me for it.

503-254-7310
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(p914 @ Sep 19 2007, 12:14 PM) *

ALL '76s are 2 litre. The Cap'n
Coy
Found the card... Fix Um Haus - 7104 n. Lombard - 503/286-0903 Marcell is the type four expert and seemed pretty honest. To tell you the truth I haven't tried them yet because it's so far from Salem, but if I needed a really knowledgable mechanic I was planning on trying him. For what that's worth... smile.gif
Rav914
Motorsports International (Westside)
Marque Motors (near downtown on Macadam Ave)
Heckman and Thieman (sp) on the Eastside
boxstr
Alan at A& P or Call Kurt at Marque Motors. Or if you just want a look see call me.
Craig
p914
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Sep 19 2007, 07:16 PM) *

QUOTE(p914 @ Sep 19 2007, 12:14 PM) *

ALL '76s are 2 litre. The Cap'n

poke.gif stirthepot.gif Not ifn the engin haz dun bin swapped. jes call me cletus
scotty
QUOTE(boxstr @ Sep 19 2007, 08:25 PM) *

Alan at A& P or Call Kurt at Marque Motors. Or if you just want a look see call me.
Craig

Use Craig! beer.gif He's really nice and helped my wife buy the proper gift for the holidays last year (I like my seat warmers -- thanks!)

I like Marque Motors a lot too (nice notepads)...does Stuttgart Autotech do pre inspections confused24.gif They did a great job on my 4-wheel alignment (and had the shims!)

BGFalcon
Thanks, all. Anyone ever have an inspection on a vehicle before purchasing? What's a ballpark cost?

The vehicle in question is supposedly in outstanding condition. But I'd like to get a qualified opinion. I live about 3.5 hrs from Portland & 5 hrs from the vehicle for sale. So, coordinating all this will be a challenge. But, hey, thrill of the chase......
boxstr
A&P 503-254-7310
Marque Motors 503-293-5386
Call and ask them.
CCL
BGFalcon
I talked to Kurt at Marque. Really good guy. He recommended a contact closer to where the vehicle is.
JRust
Not sure where it is but if it's close to me I'd be happy to take a look. I live in Corvallis Oregon. I'm actually heading up to JP's this saturday in WA for some engine work. Be happy to take a look on the way if it is close to I5. Pm me with details & we'll see- Jamie
PeeGreen 914
What part of Washington are you from?
BGFalcon
The vehicle is located in Oceanside, OR. I talked to a guy that lives in Tillamook (guy owns a couple 914s). He's familiar with the vehicle in question. Gave it high praise.

I live in Richland, WA. Tri-cities area, as it's also called. Eastern part of the state. About 5 hs from the vehicle for sale. But, I'm going to talk to the guy tomorrow, make him an offer and see what I can arrange.
boxstr
Oceanside,Or. near the salt water ocean, and a 914 hmmm.
CCLINSALTWATERTAFFY
BGFalcon
QUOTE(boxstr @ Sep 21 2007, 09:46 AM) *

Oceanside,Or. near the salt water ocean, and a 914 hmmm.
CCLINSALTWATERTAFFY

Ah, I never really thought about that. I'm such a land-lubber.

My wife's from Coos Bay, and my father-in-law would tell you the exact same thing. In fact, I had a Jeep and sold it in Coos Bay because he said it would be the only one for sale in town that isn't rusted through. I could get whatever I wanted for it. And did!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.