Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: carbed 2056 and a header
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
VaccaRabite
The way I am setting my car up, it is mainly for the street, and I am playing with it like a 1:1 model kit.

It is going to be mostly stock, with the exception of a 2056 engine and a European Racing header.

I'm not building an AX demon, but if i went to some for fun with this car, what would I get put into. Its something that I want to be able to do. Am I putting myself into a realm where I will never be competitive?

Zach
grantsfo
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Sep 19 2007, 05:33 PM) *

The way I am setting my car up, it is mainly for the street, and I am playing with it like a 1:1 model kit.

It is going to be mostly stock, with the exception of a 2056 engine and a European Racing header.

I'm not building an AX demon, but if i went to some for fun with this car, what would I get put into. Its something that I want to be able to do. Am I putting myself into a realm where I will never be competitive?

Zach

My expereince with local regions in SCCA is that you can be quite competitive in an uncompetitive car is you focus on basic driving skills. Biggest thing for you will be tires and suspension setup. If you have good set of Koni Sports and a decent front bar with some mildly aggressive rear springs you might just suprise yourself. Slap some falkens on the car and you'll really fly.
blitZ
Sounds like we are in the same position. I have a 2056 and a few other mods which puts us out of stock classes for SCCA. You can still have a good time and be competitive. I improve myself a bit at each event and tweak the car in between. I just added a 22mm front sway and 175 lb adjustable coil overs in the rear. The car feels much better an I am looking forward to the next event.

Joe Ricard
Yea a 2056cc puts you in Street Mod and can be quite a fast class.

But I do this to feed the speed junkie in me. X Prepared is even faster.
We have taken fast time of the day in both classes several times and it was due a lot in part to the driver.
Chris Pincetich
Go for it! I beat Boxters, Caymans, and 911s in my 1.7!
Soccer moms/dads in $100,000 car vs. focussed driver in $5000 car.
AX is soooo much about driving skillz. Having a kick ass car helps to win but don't let a slow car slow YOU down from racing fast. beerchug.gif
I had a lot of fun being competitive with another 914, we were always <1 sec away. Then he got DOT-R racing tires and now he is 2-3 secs faster. I should be able to budget that next year!
JPB
If anything is worth saying, just keep that engine oil circulating or that could mean a rebuild. A local bro recently said, " them damn Rabi engine cars kept flying by me and I coulden't keep up", he raced with a 3L six. beer.gif
IronHillRestorations
The TTOD at Parade this year was a four cylinder 914.
grantsfo
QUOTE(9146986 @ Sep 30 2007, 07:54 AM) *

The TTOD at Parade this year was a four cylinder 914.

..That weighs under 1700 lbs, wears big race slicks and was piloted by a national class driver. Other than that its just another 4 cylinder 914. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.